The Evening News says: Shock at crime spree in our safe city
- Credit: Archant
Norwich has a reputation for being a safe and friendly place to live.
The Fine City was, in fact, named the second safest place in the country for a night out just last month, behind Plymouth.
So it is natural that yesterday morning's crime spree has shocked us all.
The offences included a rape, two robberies and an assault, all of which occurred within a few hours, in different parts of the city centre.
Such a concentration of serious crimes in a short space of time is thankfully a rare occurrence, and something nobody wants to see repeated.
We hope that everyone affected by the crimes is now safe.
You may also want to watch:
We also wish the police the very best with their investigations, and hope that those responsible for the crimes are swiftly brought to justice.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September