The Evening News says: Shock at crime spree in our safe city
- Credit: Archant
Norwich has a reputation for being a safe and friendly place to live.
The Fine City was, in fact, named the second safest place in the country for a night out just last month, behind Plymouth.
So it is natural that yesterday morning's crime spree has shocked us all.
The offences included a rape, two robberies and an assault, all of which occurred within a few hours, in different parts of the city centre.
Such a concentration of serious crimes in a short space of time is thankfully a rare occurrence, and something nobody wants to see repeated.
We hope that everyone affected by the crimes is now safe.
You may also want to watch:
We also wish the police the very best with their investigations, and hope that those responsible for the crimes are swiftly brought to justice.
- 1 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Wensum Wonderland launching this Christmas with ice rink, market and rides
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 Gonzo's bar saved and set to reopen after funding deal agreed
- 5 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 6 Town to shine this Christmas
- 7 Thousands of jobs at risk as Debenhams faces closure
- 8 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 9 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running