The Evening News says: Shock at crime spree in our safe city
- Credit: Archant
Norwich has a reputation for being a safe and friendly place to live.
The Fine City was, in fact, named the second safest place in the country for a night out just last month, behind Plymouth.
So it is natural that yesterday morning's crime spree has shocked us all.
The offences included a rape, two robberies and an assault, all of which occurred within a few hours, in different parts of the city centre.
Such a concentration of serious crimes in a short space of time is thankfully a rare occurrence, and something nobody wants to see repeated.
We hope that everyone affected by the crimes is now safe.
You may also want to watch:
We also wish the police the very best with their investigations, and hope that those responsible for the crimes are swiftly brought to justice.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 9 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR