The Evening News says: Shock at crime spree in our safe city
- Credit: Archant
Norwich has a reputation for being a safe and friendly place to live.
The Fine City was, in fact, named the second safest place in the country for a night out just last month, behind Plymouth.
So it is natural that yesterday morning's crime spree has shocked us all.
The offences included a rape, two robberies and an assault, all of which occurred within a few hours, in different parts of the city centre.
Such a concentration of serious crimes in a short space of time is thankfully a rare occurrence, and something nobody wants to see repeated.
We hope that everyone affected by the crimes is now safe.
We also wish the police the very best with their investigations, and hope that those responsible for the crimes are swiftly brought to justice.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 City schools to share one site as building returned to council