The Darkness ready to rock Thetford Forest
Reformed East Anglia's rockers The Darkness have announced will play their biggest local show ever when they headline a date at Thetford Forest next summer.
The Lowestoft band, who play a sold-out date at the UEA in Norwich this week, exploded into the public consciousness for both their unique brand of glammed-up rock and outrageous stage costumes when their debut album Permission to Land shot to number one, spawning new rock anthems including Love is Only A Feeling, I Believe In A Thing Called Love and Growing on Me.
The band — brothers Justin and Dan Hawkins, Frankie Poullain and Ed Graham — are currently enjoying a successful UK indoor tour following storming live sets at Download and Sonisphere festivals during the summer.
The Thetford date will take place on July 14. Tickets for the gig will on sale this Friday from 9am.
Justin Hawkins said: 'I have often walked through Thetford Forest, enchanted by bird-song, mesmerised by the rhythm of nesting squirrels.
'My urge to fill the trees with music of my own can no longer be denied. Thetford has provided The Darkness with much enchantment and inspiration over the years. It's time we gave something bark'
A woodland glade in Thetford Forest will be temporarily transformed into a concert venue. With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 3 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 4 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 5 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 6 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 7 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 8 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 9 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 10 City hotelier sells part of building as three-bed home for £925k
There's also an unexpected bonus for concert-goers' green credentials as income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forest for both people and wildlife.
t The Darkness plus guests will be performing at Thetford Forest on July 14. Tickets �36 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9am on November 25 on 03000 680400 or at: www.forestry.gov.uk/music