The Darkness ready to rock Thetford Forest
Reformed East Anglia's rockers The Darkness have announced will play their biggest local show ever when they headline a date at Thetford Forest next summer.
The Lowestoft band, who play a sold-out date at the UEA in Norwich this week, exploded into the public consciousness for both their unique brand of glammed-up rock and outrageous stage costumes when their debut album Permission to Land shot to number one, spawning new rock anthems including Love is Only A Feeling, I Believe In A Thing Called Love and Growing on Me.
The band — brothers Justin and Dan Hawkins, Frankie Poullain and Ed Graham — are currently enjoying a successful UK indoor tour following storming live sets at Download and Sonisphere festivals during the summer.
The Thetford date will take place on July 14. Tickets for the gig will on sale this Friday from 9am.
Justin Hawkins said: 'I have often walked through Thetford Forest, enchanted by bird-song, mesmerised by the rhythm of nesting squirrels.
You may also want to watch:
'My urge to fill the trees with music of my own can no longer be denied. Thetford has provided The Darkness with much enchantment and inspiration over the years. It's time we gave something bark'
A woodland glade in Thetford Forest will be temporarily transformed into a concert venue. With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 9 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 10 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
There's also an unexpected bonus for concert-goers' green credentials as income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forest for both people and wildlife.
t The Darkness plus guests will be performing at Thetford Forest on July 14. Tickets �36 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9am on November 25 on 03000 680400 or at: www.forestry.gov.uk/music