Norwich pub to offer free meal to those alone on Christmas day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A Norwich-based pub is offering to cook a free dinner for people spending Christmas day alone.
The Boundary Pub on Aylsham Road advertised the heartwarming offer on its Facebook page saying they 'wouldn't see anyone alone on Christmas Day'.
Jonathon Childs, landlord of the pub, said: 'If you pop in before Christmas day and give me your name I will cook you Christmas dinner. The Boundary cares about its customers, I don't want anybody to sit at home alone.'
The post has been shared more than 1,500 times and hundreds of comments praised the establishment for its generosity.
Mr Childs said: 'It's the right thing to do for our community here at the Mile Cross, it will help so many people.'
You may also want to watch:
Last month Mr Childs held a surprise Remembrance service for the Normandy veterans from Norfolk.
He organised the event as some veterans couldn't go to the bigger remembrance parades.
To find out more about The Boundary, visit their Facebook page.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house