Norwich pub to offer free meal to those alone on Christmas day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A Norwich-based pub is offering to cook a free dinner for people spending Christmas day alone.
The Boundary Pub on Aylsham Road advertised the heartwarming offer on its Facebook page saying they 'wouldn't see anyone alone on Christmas Day'.
Jonathon Childs, landlord of the pub, said: 'If you pop in before Christmas day and give me your name I will cook you Christmas dinner. The Boundary cares about its customers, I don't want anybody to sit at home alone.'
The post has been shared more than 1,500 times and hundreds of comments praised the establishment for its generosity.
Mr Childs said: 'It's the right thing to do for our community here at the Mile Cross, it will help so many people.'
You may also want to watch:
Last month Mr Childs held a surprise Remembrance service for the Normandy veterans from Norfolk.
He organised the event as some veterans couldn't go to the bigger remembrance parades.
To find out more about The Boundary, visit their Facebook page.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans