The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Star of The Bill Graham Cole is loving his new life in Norfolk and has revealed his favourite places to visit.
Mr Cole played PC Tony Stamp in the hit police drama for 25 years and was made an OBE in 2010 for his charity work.
This Christmas he stars as Alderman Fitzwarren in the Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime, Dick Whittington and his Cat, from December 11 until January 9 2022.
While speaking to Mr Cole about his latest part, the actor revealed he moved to Norfolk four months ago, though would not say the exact location.
It is his second spell in the county as he also lived in Wroxham seven years ago, but had to move back to London due to work.
Mr Cole said: "I love Norfolk and it comes to a point where you think about where you want to live and I'm not going anywhere now."
While The Bill finished more than a decade ago, he is still regularly recognised and said he has been recently been approached by fans of the show at Reedham Ferry and Roys of Wroxham.
Revealing his favourite places to visit, Mr Cole added: "We'll get up in the morning and as we are National Trust members there is a huge choice and Norfolk has 300 miles of the best beaches.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 9 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 10 'Forced into the road': Safety fears over pavement parking
"You can go down to Winterton or Horsey to see the seals, to Sea Palling, Wells-next-the-Sea, Sandringham or Sheringham with the steam trains is one of my favourite places."