The best of British (Norfolk) beauty
Bring out the best of British beauty with these patriotic beauty buys. By Emma Harrowing.
It's an Olympic year for Britain. As we get ready to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee and the London Olympic Games, beauty is flying the flag for patriotic blue and red and championing products that are made in Britain.
Cosmetic brand Mac, sold in Jarrold, has brought back blue eye shadow in its nautically inspired Hello Sailor look. The look breaks all the rules as heavily made-up eyes are worn with a traditionally British bright red lip.
Of course you can just wear blue eye shadow or get the perfect red pout if you want to tone down the look. Alternatively, why not paint your nails a vibrant shade of red in preparation for celebrating being British?
However you plan to celebrate this summer nothing beats supporting Norfolk's increasing beauty product makers in the quest to fly the flag for home-grown products.
You may also want to watch:
Aromatherapist Kathy Webb's range of beauty balms are perfect for soothing dry skin, protecting your feet from the rub of summer shoes – a must-have product when partying all night long this summer – and for giving a mild scent to your skin – Life Matters loves the traditionally British rose scent of the Three Rose Balm.
And to take off your party make-up at the end of the day why not try The Body Shop's Camomile make-up remover as the Camomile is sourced from Norfolk?
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
When all the Jubilee celebrations are over revive and continue your new found British beauty regime with Norfolk Lavender's foot soak or The Body Shop's Peppermint foot lotion – again the Peppermint is sourced from Norfolk. Perfect for getting you ready to celebrate all over again in July.
Take a look at our pick of some of the best British beauty buys by clicking the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages in your Evening News over the next few weeks to discover more products made in Norfolk as we get ready to celebrate the Jubilee in style.