The best of British (Norfolk) beauty
Bring out the best of British beauty with these patriotic beauty buys. By Emma Harrowing.
It's an Olympic year for Britain. As we get ready to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee and the London Olympic Games, beauty is flying the flag for patriotic blue and red and championing products that are made in Britain.
Cosmetic brand Mac, sold in Jarrold, has brought back blue eye shadow in its nautically inspired Hello Sailor look. The look breaks all the rules as heavily made-up eyes are worn with a traditionally British bright red lip.
Of course you can just wear blue eye shadow or get the perfect red pout if you want to tone down the look. Alternatively, why not paint your nails a vibrant shade of red in preparation for celebrating being British?
However you plan to celebrate this summer nothing beats supporting Norfolk's increasing beauty product makers in the quest to fly the flag for home-grown products.
You may also want to watch:
Aromatherapist Kathy Webb's range of beauty balms are perfect for soothing dry skin, protecting your feet from the rub of summer shoes – a must-have product when partying all night long this summer – and for giving a mild scent to your skin – Life Matters loves the traditionally British rose scent of the Three Rose Balm.
And to take off your party make-up at the end of the day why not try The Body Shop's Camomile make-up remover as the Camomile is sourced from Norfolk?
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 8 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
When all the Jubilee celebrations are over revive and continue your new found British beauty regime with Norfolk Lavender's foot soak or The Body Shop's Peppermint foot lotion – again the Peppermint is sourced from Norfolk. Perfect for getting you ready to celebrate all over again in July.
Take a look at our pick of some of the best British beauty buys by clicking the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages in your Evening News over the next few weeks to discover more products made in Norfolk as we get ready to celebrate the Jubilee in style.