The Ber Street Kitchen to reopen for takeaway brunch and roasts
- Credit: Archant
The Ber Street Kitchen in Norwich is launching a takeaway service of its popular brunch dishes and roast dinners so regulars don’t miss out in lockdown.
The café has gained a legion of fans since opening two years ago and customers normally have to book in advance at weekends to get a table.
But over the past two months it has instead been empty after closing due to coronavirus, but the owners and business partners Wayne Chapman, Olly Ridgen and Dean Cooper have now decided to do takeaways.
Starting from June 4, The Ber Street Kitchen will be open from 12pm to 3pm Thursday to Sunday and customers can call up in advance and book a collection time for brunches including a full English breakfast, smoked haddock hash and vegan hash.
There will also be meals that will just need to be heated up at home, afternoon tea, which must be ordered 24 hours in advance, and fish and chip Fridays which will be between 5pm and 9pm.
To adhere to social distancing, the queue will be marked with tape and customers can also turn up and get cakes, hot and cold drinks and items from the deli counter.
Their roasts will be available on a Sunday, starting June 7, with options such as mustard-glazed topside of beef and roast Norfolk chicken, served with seasonal vegetables, cauliflower cheese, Yorkshire pudding and gravy.
Mr Chapman, chef and director at the café, said: “It is wonderful that we have built up such a good client base here and they are not our customers but our friends.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 3 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 4 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 5 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 6 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 7 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 10 Staff tuck into emergency honeycomb after bees rescued from city pub
“We do a lot of vegan stuff and our food is all really fresh and people say our roasts are the best in Norwich.
“I personally feel a lot of the restrictions have been relaxed and if we are allowed to open properly on July 1, we want to show we are still here before that.”
Mr Chapman will be assisted in the café by wife Becky, who makes all the cakes and roasts, and twin sons George and Harry.
Pre-order by calling Becky on 07914 717484 (between 9am and 4pm daily) and see the menu on the The Ber Street Kitchen Facebook page.