The Ber Street Kitchen to reopen for takeaway brunch and roasts
- Credit: Archant
The Ber Street Kitchen in Norwich is launching a takeaway service of its popular brunch dishes and roast dinners so regulars don’t miss out in lockdown.
The café has gained a legion of fans since opening two years ago and customers normally have to book in advance at weekends to get a table.
But over the past two months it has instead been empty after closing due to coronavirus, but the owners and business partners Wayne Chapman, Olly Ridgen and Dean Cooper have now decided to do takeaways.
Starting from June 4, The Ber Street Kitchen will be open from 12pm to 3pm Thursday to Sunday and customers can call up in advance and book a collection time for brunches including a full English breakfast, smoked haddock hash and vegan hash.
There will also be meals that will just need to be heated up at home, afternoon tea, which must be ordered 24 hours in advance, and fish and chip Fridays which will be between 5pm and 9pm.
To adhere to social distancing, the queue will be marked with tape and customers can also turn up and get cakes, hot and cold drinks and items from the deli counter.
You may also want to watch:
Their roasts will be available on a Sunday, starting June 7, with options such as mustard-glazed topside of beef and roast Norfolk chicken, served with seasonal vegetables, cauliflower cheese, Yorkshire pudding and gravy.
Mr Chapman, chef and director at the café, said: “It is wonderful that we have built up such a good client base here and they are not our customers but our friends.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
“We do a lot of vegan stuff and our food is all really fresh and people say our roasts are the best in Norwich.
“I personally feel a lot of the restrictions have been relaxed and if we are allowed to open properly on July 1, we want to show we are still here before that.”
Mr Chapman will be assisted in the café by wife Becky, who makes all the cakes and roasts, and twin sons George and Harry.
Pre-order by calling Becky on 07914 717484 (between 9am and 4pm daily) and see the menu on the The Ber Street Kitchen Facebook page.