Norwich teddy bear shop celebrates special birthday with 20pc off all stock
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The Bear Shop in Norwich is celebrating the 13-year anniversary of its Charlie Bears range by hosting a special event this week.
The well-known shop, on Elm Hill, has been open for almost 29 years and sells a wide assortment of bears – both for collectors and children – including Steiff, Hermann, and Charlie Bears.
And on Saturday, November 17, it will be discounting all of its stock by 20pc for one day only.
The shop will also be selling a limited birthday edition Charlie Bear, which costs £50 and comes in a sealed collector's box.
Robert Stone, who owns and lives above The Bear Shop, said: 'Teddy bears are a special friend, perhaps more so than any other toy animal. Many children keep their bears all their lives.
You may also want to watch:
'Every year there is a special birthday edition Charlie Bear, and no two are exactly the same as they are all hand finished. Even we aren't able to open the box and have a look until the day they go on sale.'
One in 12 of the birthday edition bears' certificates will have been signed by designer Charlie Morris herself, who founded the company in 2005 and co-owns it with her husband William.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 9 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
Mr Stone said that the shop usually sells out of the boxes on the day, but any that remain unsold will become available for customers who were not able to attend the event to buy.
This will be possible either by going into the shop or by ordering on the phone or online with disabled customers having first priority.
Will you be visiting The Bear Shop for Charlie's 13th birthday? Let us know in the comments.