Golfing event raises £8,000 for hospice and MS charity
- Credit: Bawburgh Golf Club
An annual golfing event has raised £8,000 towards the build of a new Norfolk hospice.
The Barnard Charity Golf Day held at Bawburgh Golf Club raised £8,000 which will be split between the Priscilla Bacon Hospice and the MS Society.
Eighteen teams took part in the day, raising money for the charities through team entries, sponsorship opportunities, a raffle and silent auction.
The event has been running at the course for over 30 years and has raised more than £250,000 during this time.
Hugo Stevenson, head of operations and fundraising for Priscilla Bacon Hospice said: “We are absolutely thrilled that the Barnard Charity Golf Day has been such a success raising £8,000 again this year.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised gets us ever closer to our £12.5 million fundraising target, which will enable us to build the new Priscilla Bacon Hospice for the people of Norfolk and Waveney.”
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school