Rebranded Thai takeaway now open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A previously vegan business in Norwich has reopened with a new name and meat options on the menu.
Thai Street takeaway on Magdalen Street opened on February 7.
The rebranded takeaway replaced Vegan Wok, which the owners said was not sustainable as an exclusively meat-free business.
On Facebook, around the time of its closure, Vegan Wok said: 'Unfortunately, we found that an exclusive vegan offering wasn't popular enough to keep going.
'The shop will be open again in February, but unfortunately not as a vegan only business.'
You may also want to watch:
The takeaway now advertises a variety of meat dishes, including pork loin served with jasmine rice, cucumber and Thai gravy, oven roasted crispy pork belly served with jasmine rice, cucumber and a tamarind sauce, and 'Street Wings' - fried chicken wings in tamarind sauce.
Thai Street's Facebook page said:'Our Thai chefs are proud to bring their favourite street food dishes to the menu.'
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
It also promises that, while the business has diversified to include meat options, over 80pc of the menu will have vegetarian and vegan options available.