Two-day Thai festival is coming to Norwich park
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A festival celebrating all things to do with Thailand is coming to Eaton Park in Norwich later this year.
The Norwich Thai Festival, organised by Magic of Thailand, will be at the city park on September 1 and 2 and a licensing application has been submitted to Norwich City Council.
In the application organisers describe the festival as a 'family, entertainment and food focused event' and states 1,500 people are expected to attend at any one time.
Organisers are looking to host Muay Thai boxing demonstrations, Thai dancing a family friendly lady boy shows to prerecorded pop music at the festival.
Members of the public have until June 12 to comment on the application.
You may also want to watch:
The festival website states the event runs from 10am to 7pm on both Saturday and Sunday, with entry for adults starting at £4 and children under 12-years-old go free.
Festival goers can expect authentic Thai cuisine, Thai massage and an 'I'm British Get Me Out Of Here' eating competition.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant