Terry’s all gold as Costessey stalk leaders
VETERANS LEAGUE: Sprowston Wanderers went down 3-1 at Ipswich side FC Fore Hamlet in the semi-final of the League Shield. Andy Daniels netted their consolation. The big match in the Premier Division saw Bungay lose by two clear goals at Woodbridge.
Sprowston Wanderers went down 3-1 at Ipswich side FC Fore Hamlet in the semi-final of the League Shield. Andy Daniels netted their consolation.
The big match in the Premier Division saw Bungay lose by two clear goals at Woodbridge.
In Division One Costessey kept the pressure on leaders Norwich Trafford by securing a 5-2 success at Framlingham. On target were Terry Bolingbroke with a hat-trick and a brace from Bob Sapey.
Shield finalists Gt Yarmouth Postals fought out a 2-2 draw with Spixworth Utd at Bradwell with Mark Wiseman and Ian Currie both netting doubles. Kings Arms Crusaders beat Archant 4-1 at Yarmouth with goals shared between Dave Earl, Mark Grearly, Kevin Johnson and Stevie Smith. Peter Fleetwood replied for the City visitors. With Postals dropping points the title goes to Griffin who were otherwise engaged on cup duty.
You may also want to watch:
Cringleford have made it harder for themselves to catch Horsford at the top of Division Two (West) by only drawing 3-3 at Taverham. Nick Skipper, Kevin Taylor and George Wilson netted for the second placed club with Bob Grapes, Steve Kirk and Deon Ruiters replying for their City rivals. In Division Three (North) Aylsham Black Boys and Watton remain one and two. Aylsham won 4-0 at home to Rocklands while Watton thrashed NALGO OB 9-0, Trevor Brown hitting six. The League Shield final is this Friday between FC Fore Hamlet and Gt Yarmouth Postals at Diss Town FC with a 7.45 KO. Congratulations to Norfolk Veterans Cup winners Trafford Arms who beat the Griffin 3-0.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk