Terry’s all gold as Costessey stalk leaders
VETERANS LEAGUE: Sprowston Wanderers went down 3-1 at Ipswich side FC Fore Hamlet in the semi-final of the League Shield. Andy Daniels netted their consolation. The big match in the Premier Division saw Bungay lose by two clear goals at Woodbridge.
Sprowston Wanderers went down 3-1 at Ipswich side FC Fore Hamlet in the semi-final of the League Shield. Andy Daniels netted their consolation.
The big match in the Premier Division saw Bungay lose by two clear goals at Woodbridge.
In Division One Costessey kept the pressure on leaders Norwich Trafford by securing a 5-2 success at Framlingham. On target were Terry Bolingbroke with a hat-trick and a brace from Bob Sapey.
Shield finalists Gt Yarmouth Postals fought out a 2-2 draw with Spixworth Utd at Bradwell with Mark Wiseman and Ian Currie both netting doubles. Kings Arms Crusaders beat Archant 4-1 at Yarmouth with goals shared between Dave Earl, Mark Grearly, Kevin Johnson and Stevie Smith. Peter Fleetwood replied for the City visitors. With Postals dropping points the title goes to Griffin who were otherwise engaged on cup duty.
Cringleford have made it harder for themselves to catch Horsford at the top of Division Two (West) by only drawing 3-3 at Taverham. Nick Skipper, Kevin Taylor and George Wilson netted for the second placed club with Bob Grapes, Steve Kirk and Deon Ruiters replying for their City rivals. In Division Three (North) Aylsham Black Boys and Watton remain one and two. Aylsham won 4-0 at home to Rocklands while Watton thrashed NALGO OB 9-0, Trevor Brown hitting six. The League Shield final is this Friday between FC Fore Hamlet and Gt Yarmouth Postals at Diss Town FC with a 7.45 KO. Congratulations to Norfolk Veterans Cup winners Trafford Arms who beat the Griffin 3-0.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 3 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 4 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 5 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 6 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 'I thought it was a prank' - Steak house nominated for UK's best restaurant
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store