Ten weeks to go to Norwich’s Starlight Walk in aid of Macmillan
Walkers who are set to step out under the stars have been given some top tips on how to make the most of their training.
There are now 10 weeks to go until this year's Starlight Walk in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Now in its seventh year, the annual fundraiser will see hundreds of men and women walk 13 miles around Norwich's outer ring road.
And in the run-up to the event, people are being urged to make sure they prepare themselves properly for the challenge.
Top tips given by Sportspark fitness adviser Shani Prime are to alternate between brisk walking and a comfortable walking pace, include leg strengthening exercises such as squats, lunges and calf raises and change walking routes to keep motivated.
Ms Prime said: 'It is important to follow the training programme and gradually increase the amount of exercise you perform, because if you do too much too soon it could have negative consequences. And remember, it is supposed to be a fun challenge, so enjoy yourself.'
This year's Starlight Walk, organised by the Sportspark at the University of East Anglia and sponsored by Chapelfield shopping centre, will be held on Friday, June 22, from midnight.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
Registration costs �25, which goes straight to Macmillan Cancer Support in Norfolk.
To register and for more training tips, go to www.starlightwalknorwich.co.uk
Are you taking part in an event for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org