Ten weeks to go to Norwich’s Starlight Walk in aid of Macmillan
Walkers who are set to step out under the stars have been given some top tips on how to make the most of their training.
There are now 10 weeks to go until this year's Starlight Walk in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Now in its seventh year, the annual fundraiser will see hundreds of men and women walk 13 miles around Norwich's outer ring road.
And in the run-up to the event, people are being urged to make sure they prepare themselves properly for the challenge.
Top tips given by Sportspark fitness adviser Shani Prime are to alternate between brisk walking and a comfortable walking pace, include leg strengthening exercises such as squats, lunges and calf raises and change walking routes to keep motivated.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Prime said: 'It is important to follow the training programme and gradually increase the amount of exercise you perform, because if you do too much too soon it could have negative consequences. And remember, it is supposed to be a fun challenge, so enjoy yourself.'
This year's Starlight Walk, organised by the Sportspark at the University of East Anglia and sponsored by Chapelfield shopping centre, will be held on Friday, June 22, from midnight.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Registration costs �25, which goes straight to Macmillan Cancer Support in Norfolk.
To register and for more training tips, go to www.starlightwalknorwich.co.uk
Are you taking part in an event for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org