Teens released on bail after 13-year-old is stabbed in attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested in connection with an attempted robbery in Norwich in which a 13-year-old was stabbed have been released on bail.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident which happened in an alleyway near Aldi in Larkman Lane at about 5.40pm on Wednesday.
A 13-year-old boy suffered a stab wound to the back after suspects demanded money off him.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment and was discharged later that night.
Nothing was stolen and the people involved are thought to be known to one another.
Police arrested two teenage boys, aged 14 and 16, on suspicion of attempted robbery and assault occasioning grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Both were questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and have since been released on bail until December 8 while enquiries continue.
Detectives are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or has information concerning those involved. Witnesses should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number 324 of November 13 2019.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.