Teens released on bail after 13-year-old is stabbed in attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested in connection with an attempted robbery in Norwich in which a 13-year-old was stabbed have been released on bail.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident which happened in an alleyway near Aldi in Larkman Lane at about 5.40pm on Wednesday.
A 13-year-old boy suffered a stab wound to the back after suspects demanded money off him.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment and was discharged later that night.
Nothing was stolen and the people involved are thought to be known to one another.
Police arrested two teenage boys, aged 14 and 16, on suspicion of attempted robbery and assault occasioning grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Both were questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and have since been released on bail until December 8 while enquiries continue.
Detectives are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or has information concerning those involved. Witnesses should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number 324 of November 13 2019.
- 1 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 2 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 3 Man fined £60 for taking 16 seconds to drop partner at hospital
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 6 Man arrested in Norwich after appeal launched
- 7 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 8 A nice place for a nap... Seal spotted dozing under Norwich bridge
- 9 'He lived and breathed Norwich' - Glowing tributes to Dr Ian Gibson
- 10 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.