Teenage cyclist seriously injured in crash with car
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old cyclist has suffered serious injuries in a collision with a car in Hellesdon that closed a road for seven hours.
Police were called to the A1067 Drayton High Road at around 8.20pm on Saturday after the collision between a blue VW Polo and the cyclist, a 16-year-old girl, who were travelling in the same direction towards Norwich.
The road was closed until 3.20am on Sunday while emergency services carried out an initial investigation.
The teenager was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
The driver, a man in his late teens, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police has appealed for anyone who may have been in the area at the time and asked for dashcam footage.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Wymondham on 101 or email SCIU@norfolk.pnn.police.uk quoting incident number 523 of 8 August.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?