Pop up tearoom to open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Maples Tearoom is due to launch its summer pop up event at Studio 20 on Wensum Street later this month.
Jessica Gower and Natalie Hicks had dreamed of setting up their own tearoom since they were 11 years old. Now, after a successful pop up event in March, they are preparing for their summer tearoom event.
Maples Summer Pop Up, which will marry sweet treats with the chance to view and buy art pieces, runs from July 20- 22.
A cream tea deal, which consists of a scone with cream and jam and a cup of tea or coffee for £2.50, will be available between 10am-11.30am. There will also be a range of homemade flavoured lemonades including raspberry, mango and elderflower, available for takeaway or drinking inside.
As well as summery baked goods, Maple Tearooms are hosting an afternoon tea which visitors can book.
Miss Gower and Miss Hicks said: 'We've been busy putting together lots of new tea blends and summer inspired recipes for our afternoon tea.
'We will once again be filling Studio 20 with an abundance of potted plants and cacti from Natalie and artwork from Jessica Mae Studio.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 8 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 9 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
'Thank you so much to everyone who supported us at our last event. We are so excited to be hosting our Summer Pop Up, we hope to see lots of you there.'