Teacher's legs waxed for charity
Matthew SparkesA teacher has had his legs waxed and his hair dyed blue by students in aid of the Benjamin Foundation.Tom Jenkins, a tutor at the Broadland Training Centre opposite Hellesdon Park in Norwich, underwent the makeover yesterday to raise funds for the charity which helps children and young adults.Matthew Sparkes
A teacher has had his legs waxed and his hair dyed blue by students in aid of the Benjamin Foundation.
Tom Jenkins, a tutor at the Broadland Training Centre opposite Hellesdon Park in Norwich, underwent the makeover yesterday to raise funds for the charity which helps children and young adults.
The event is part of a series of fundraising activities organised by students at the centre which caters for young people who have struggled in mainstream education.
Mr Jenkins said: 'Many of these youngsters haven't excelled in more formal education and this is a great way of getting them to engage and work together.'
The Benjamin Foundation, which was founded in Norfolk 15 years ago, has expanded its services over the last 18 months to provide support in schools, youth centres and cafes.
For more information on the Benjamin Foundation visit www.benjaminfoundation.co.uk.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 8 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 9 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
- 10 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off