Why is a tank driving down a Norwich street?
- Credit: Karen Gaffney
People could not believe their eyes when a tank rolled down their street in Norwich.
Karen Gaffney came out of her home on Sunday lunchtime after hearing a loud sound on Belsize Road, at the top of Kett's Hill, to see a tank covered in purple flowers, moving through the street.
The Norwich resident said she had no idea where the tank had come from beforehand or where it ended up but shared the photo on Twitter, taken just before midday.
She said: "It's a terraced street with cars parked on both sides. There was not a lot of wriggle room.
"I do not know where it was going. What was it doing in a terraced street?
"It's the most exciting thing in the street for a while.
"Someone was making sure it was not going to hit any vehicles. It was very loud and that's what drew my attention.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 4 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 5 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 6 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 7 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 9 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 10 City's car parks FINALLY go cashless
"It was very loud and very slow.
"My partner said it is an armoured personnel carrier but to a novice that's a tank."
Did you see the tank yesterday or are you its owner? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com