Why is a tank driving down a Norwich street?
- Credit: Karen Gaffney
People could not believe their eyes when a tank rolled down their street in Norwich.
Karen Gaffney came out of her home on Sunday lunchtime after hearing a loud sound on Belsize Road, at the top of Kett's Hill, to see a tank covered in purple flowers, moving through the street.
The Norwich resident said she had no idea where the tank had come from beforehand or where it ended up but shared the photo on Twitter, taken just before midday.
She said: "It's a terraced street with cars parked on both sides. There was not a lot of wriggle room.
"I do not know where it was going. What was it doing in a terraced street?
You may also want to watch:
"It's the most exciting thing in the street for a while.
"Someone was making sure it was not going to hit any vehicles. It was very loud and that's what drew my attention.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
"It was very loud and very slow.
"My partner said it is an armoured personnel carrier but to a novice that's a tank."
Did you see the tank yesterday or are you its owner? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com