Tales of Norwich in 2010 as seen through a lens
Here are some of the pictures our photographers captured of the highs and lows of 2010.
May 6 brought upset for Labour MP Charles Clarke who lost his Norwich South seat after 13 years. A few months later, the Miliband brothers David and Ed were among the candidates for the Labour leadership who locked horns in Norwich in a live TV debate.
There was joy as the Canaries topped the table in League One and won promotion to the Championship at the first attempt. Their open-top bus parade through Norwich was watched by thousands of people. And an oversized red ball was the talk of the city as it appeared squashed into Norwich landmarks as part of this year's record-breaking Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
On a smaller scale, people were given the chance to have their feet exfoliated by tiny fish as Dr Spafish opened in Castle Mall.
But misery was caused for Connaught workers when they turned up at work to be told that part of the company had gone into administration. The annual Lord's Mayor Procession ended with a bang as spectacular fireworks at Norwich Castle lit up the night sky. And at last veterans were able to join members of the public at the revamped war memorial outside City Hall just in time for Armistice Day.
You may also want to watch:
To buy any of the photographs published, go to www.eveningnews24.co.uk and click 'Buy a Photo'. Have you got any great pictures you've taken in 2010? Send them into firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographers: Simon Finlay, Bill Smith and Jerry Daws.
- 1 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 10 Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich