Talented people urged to take part in Norwich event
Mary HamiltonTalented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.Mary Hamilton
Talented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.
Local not-for-profit organisations and individuals are invited to apply to take part in the Cultural Olympiad Weekend, part of a programme of activities to be held in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympics.
The weekend will feature cultural activities from interactive games and sports taster sessions to community theatre and dance.
Helen Selleck, events manager for Norwich City Council, says: 'We are really excited about seeing what talent is out there and what ideas people have for this fun weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to hear from sports clubs, arts groups and disabled organisations, as well as individuals who can perform or provide activities for people to join in.'
The Cultural Olympiad Weekend will take place on July 24 and 25 in front of the Big Screen at Chapelfield shopping centre.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 4 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 5 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 6 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 7 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 8 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 9 New plans lodged for Norwich hotel above Tesco
- 10 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
You can download an application pack from www.norwich.gov.uk or request one from firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for entries is April 1.