Talented people urged to take part in Norwich event
Mary HamiltonTalented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.Mary Hamilton
Talented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.
Local not-for-profit organisations and individuals are invited to apply to take part in the Cultural Olympiad Weekend, part of a programme of activities to be held in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympics.
The weekend will feature cultural activities from interactive games and sports taster sessions to community theatre and dance.
Helen Selleck, events manager for Norwich City Council, says: 'We are really excited about seeing what talent is out there and what ideas people have for this fun weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to hear from sports clubs, arts groups and disabled organisations, as well as individuals who can perform or provide activities for people to join in.'
The Cultural Olympiad Weekend will take place on July 24 and 25 in front of the Big Screen at Chapelfield shopping centre.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
You can download an application pack from www.norwich.gov.uk or request one from firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for entries is April 1.