Talented people urged to take part in Norwich event
Mary HamiltonTalented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.Mary Hamilton
Talented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.
Local not-for-profit organisations and individuals are invited to apply to take part in the Cultural Olympiad Weekend, part of a programme of activities to be held in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympics.
The weekend will feature cultural activities from interactive games and sports taster sessions to community theatre and dance.
Helen Selleck, events manager for Norwich City Council, says: 'We are really excited about seeing what talent is out there and what ideas people have for this fun weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to hear from sports clubs, arts groups and disabled organisations, as well as individuals who can perform or provide activities for people to join in.'
The Cultural Olympiad Weekend will take place on July 24 and 25 in front of the Big Screen at Chapelfield shopping centre.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
You can download an application pack from www.norwich.gov.uk or request one from email@example.com. Closing date for entries is April 1.