Talented people urged to take part in Norwich event
Mary HamiltonTalented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.Mary Hamilton
Talented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.
Local not-for-profit organisations and individuals are invited to apply to take part in the Cultural Olympiad Weekend, part of a programme of activities to be held in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympics.
The weekend will feature cultural activities from interactive games and sports taster sessions to community theatre and dance.
Helen Selleck, events manager for Norwich City Council, says: 'We are really excited about seeing what talent is out there and what ideas people have for this fun weekend.
'We want to hear from sports clubs, arts groups and disabled organisations, as well as individuals who can perform or provide activities for people to join in.'
The Cultural Olympiad Weekend will take place on July 24 and 25 in front of the Big Screen at Chapelfield shopping centre.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 4 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 8 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Norwich for TV series
- 9 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
You can download an application pack from www.norwich.gov.uk or request one from email@example.com. Closing date for entries is April 1.