Talented people urged to take part in Norwich event
Mary HamiltonTalented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.Mary Hamilton
Talented people and groups have been challenged to compete for a place in a summer event showcasing the city's culture.
Local not-for-profit organisations and individuals are invited to apply to take part in the Cultural Olympiad Weekend, part of a programme of activities to be held in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympics.
The weekend will feature cultural activities from interactive games and sports taster sessions to community theatre and dance.
Helen Selleck, events manager for Norwich City Council, says: 'We are really excited about seeing what talent is out there and what ideas people have for this fun weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to hear from sports clubs, arts groups and disabled organisations, as well as individuals who can perform or provide activities for people to join in.'
The Cultural Olympiad Weekend will take place on July 24 and 25 in front of the Big Screen at Chapelfield shopping centre.
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
You can download an application pack from www.norwich.gov.uk or request one from email@example.com. Closing date for entries is April 1.