Take a trip down memory lane with these old photos of Norwich Market
- Credit: Archant
We take a look back at the sights of Norwich Market, one of the focal points of our city over the years.
1. The Women's Institute stall on Norwich Market in 1972.
2. Many gather and stand proud at Norwich Market surrounding a tank in 1918.
3. The tea stall on Norwich Market in 1996.
4. A health food stall on Norwich market in 1989.
5. Norwich Market Place in 1890 looking very different to what we are used to nowadays.
6. A busy time of the year as stall owners assist customers during the Christmas trade in 1971.
- 1 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 2 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 3 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 4 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 5 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 6 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 7 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
7. A butcher with his newly installed sink at his market stall.
8. The extensions on the ends of Norwich market stalls, 1961.
9. The Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations on Norwich Market Place, 1897.
10. Christmas trade at Norwich market, 24th December 1977.
To share or simply enjoy more nostalgia then join our Facebook group Norwich Remembers.