Take a trip down memory lane with these old photos of Norwich Market
- Credit: Archant
We take a look back at the sights of Norwich Market, one of the focal points of our city over the years.
1. The Women's Institute stall on Norwich Market in 1972.
2. Many gather and stand proud at Norwich Market surrounding a tank in 1918.
3. The tea stall on Norwich Market in 1996.
4. A health food stall on Norwich market in 1989.
You may also want to watch:
5. Norwich Market Place in 1890 looking very different to what we are used to nowadays.
6. A busy time of the year as stall owners assist customers during the Christmas trade in 1971.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 9 Man and woman found dead in home
- 10 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
7. A butcher with his newly installed sink at his market stall.
8. The extensions on the ends of Norwich market stalls, 1961.
9. The Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations on Norwich Market Place, 1897.
10. Christmas trade at Norwich market, 24th December 1977.
To share or simply enjoy more nostalgia then join our Facebook group Norwich Remembers.