T4 programme to be filmed at Norfolk Spectacular
As music lovers soak up the excitement of seeing some of the favourite acts in Norwich this weekend, among them will be a duo campaigning hard for more organ donors while filming their own TV programme.
Hope Milne, from, Croydon and Abby Thackray, from Epsom, will be at the Norfolk Spectacular, at the Norfolk Showground, as part of their Sign Up, Speak Up, Save Lives campaign.
Their campaign is one of six currently filming for the Battlefront 3 TV programme, which will be on Channel 4's youth programme T4.
They will be gathering support for their campaign, to get people to sign up for the organ donor register and to encourage young people to talk to their parents or guardians about their wishes.
And they will also be meeting their celebrity mentor Alexandra Burke at the festival.
You may also want to watch:
Hope, 15, said: 'We are both really excited to be going to Norfolk Spectacular to meet up with Alexandra, and to try and get as much support for our campaign as possible.'
The two started their campaign as Hope's brother had an organ transplant when he was four, while Abby's sister had a double lung transplant when she was 23.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
Abby, 21, said: 'We want to get thousands more people on the register and really spread the message about organ donation.
'We would really like to have an impact on the number of people getting their transplants as I know some people waiting who are desperately in need.'
As part of Battlefront, young campaigners document their efforts to change the world, turning their ideas into national campaigns.
The third series of Battlefront will be aired on T4 at the end of September, and has already seen other campaigners filming at the V Festival and the Underage Festival.
The Norfolk Spectacular takes place on Saturday and Sunday.
Artists on the main stage include X Factor winner Alexandra Burke, MOBO nominee Chipmunk, Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Tinchy Stryder, Eliza Doolittle and N-Dubz.
Meanwhile, the Arena stage will boast a line-up of rock and indie acts such as Terrorvision, The Qemists and the Duke Spirit.
For more details visit www.norfolkspectacular.co.uk or call the booking line on 0871 224 113.
For more on Battlefront visit www.battlefront.co.uk