T-shirt designed for Norwich Fashion week
- Credit: Archant © 2013
You can now own a piece of Norwich fashion history as the Norwich Fashion Week t-shirt is available to buy.
Designed by Norwich designer Steven Stokes, the t-shirt features a black and white photographic design that depicts last year's catwalk shows - including last year's male Face of Norwich Fashion Week Matt Fleming and model Jenna Leeds who features on this year's promotional posters.
'I wanted to design a t-shirt that not only reflected the past success of Norwich Fashion Week but also to give Norwich a place alongside other major fashion cities,' says Mr Stokes.
'I love the idea behind Norwich Fashion Week in that it is aiming to shout about the diversity of fashion we have here in Norwich. From up and coming fashion designers from the college and universities and the many local fashion designers and makers, to independent fashion and high street brands, Norwich can offer a lot to the fashion lover.'
The t-shirt fits with the other designs in Mr Stoke's Reality Dreams fashion label set up last year and sold online and through menswear boutique Elements on Lower Goat Lane, and it is already attracting interest from local celebrities.
'There have been a number of footballers who are interested in the t-shirt such as ex-Norwich City footballer Darren Eadie who retweeted a picture of the Norwich Fashion Week t-shirt to his followers on Twitter,' says Mr Stokes. 'It's turning into the must-have item of clothing for this year!'
The Norwich Fashion Week t-shirt has also been snapped up by Jarrold. The independent department store will stock both of the women and men's styles from now and throughout Norwich Fashion Week.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 6 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 7 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 8 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 9 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 10 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
Reality Dreams has also been approached by new national menswear fashion show Trend to design t-shirts for its show at the O2 Arena in London later this year.
'It's a very exciting time for Reality Dreams at the moment,' says Mr Stokes. 'However, even when the fashion label reaches national or even international heights our roots will always be in Norwich.'
The Norwich Fashion Week t-shirt is available for men and women priced £22 from Jarrold and online www.realitydreams.co/product
Norwich Fashion Week takes place from Thursday March 7 until Friday March 15. The week is followed by the Norwich Fashion Wrap Weekend on Saturday March 16 and Sunday March 17. For news on and off the catwalk keep reading your Evening News over the next few weeks and visit our Norwich Fashion Week pages at eveningnews24.co.uk/lifestyle/nfw-2013 or the Norwich Fashion Week website norwichfashion.co.uk