Suzi Ruffell review: an incredibly likeable presence on stage
- Credit: Aemen Sukkar
Despite being in the midst of planning her wedding Suzi Ruffell decided to spend Valentine's weekend in Norwich, with two sell-out shows.
That mutual devotion was well met, with Ruffell delivering a warmly funny and engaging set which dealt with family, relationships and the perils of a neighbourhood WhatsApp group.
Another main routine described her visit to New York Pride with fellow comedian and podcast buddy Tom Allen, her over-indulgence, and a realisation of parental wisdom.
The sharpest material, though, focused on the absurd arrangements of a smear test - a very personal story which she told with honesty and a fantastic eye for comedy detail.
Her delivery also really came alive in this segment, with a pace that contrasted with the more conversational style of the rest of the material and showed her ability to really hold an audience.
You may also want to watch:
Suzi Ruffell is an incredibly likeable presence on stage, simultaneously self-deprecating and impressive and has some great material. With a more consistent pace and a denser set, her rising star should continue to soar.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale