Suzi Ruffell review: an incredibly likeable presence on stage
- Credit: Aemen Sukkar
Despite being in the midst of planning her wedding Suzi Ruffell decided to spend Valentine's weekend in Norwich, with two sell-out shows.
That mutual devotion was well met, with Ruffell delivering a warmly funny and engaging set which dealt with family, relationships and the perils of a neighbourhood WhatsApp group.
Another main routine described her visit to New York Pride with fellow comedian and podcast buddy Tom Allen, her over-indulgence, and a realisation of parental wisdom.
The sharpest material, though, focused on the absurd arrangements of a smear test - a very personal story which she told with honesty and a fantastic eye for comedy detail.
Her delivery also really came alive in this segment, with a pace that contrasted with the more conversational style of the rest of the material and showed her ability to really hold an audience.
You may also want to watch:
Suzi Ruffell is an incredibly likeable presence on stage, simultaneously self-deprecating and impressive and has some great material. With a more consistent pace and a denser set, her rising star should continue to soar.
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 6 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping