Suton woman overcomes illness to launch new business
A south Norfolk woman who overcame a debilitating illness with the help of alternative therapies has used her experiences to set up her own business.
Marie Delph, of Suton, near Wymondham, has recently launched Blue Sky Therapies offering a mobile reflexology, reiki and clinical nutrition advice service.
In 2002, the 45-year-old was faced with a dramatic lifestyle change when she was diagnosed with the incurable autoimmune condition lupus which causes severe muscle and joint pain and extreme tiredness.
The mother-of-three, who had been running her own outside catering company for more than 10 years, blamed the stress of juggling 18-hour working days alongside bringing up a young family for triggering the illness. It meant that overnight she was forced to quit the business she had dedicated so much of her life to.
After seeking medical help, Mrs Delph also decided to approach a herbalist for advice who she credits with changing her life. With her help she was able to work out how to change her lifestyle for the better instead of just managing her symptoms purely with prescribed medication. Taking up other alternative therapies, such as reflexology, also helped to ease her condition.
You may also want to watch:
Now she has learned how to practice reflexology herself and qualified last year, adding to her previous qualifications as a clinical nutritionist and reiki healer.
She said: 'I would never say to anyone do not go to see your doctor. I do go to my doctor still but people need to know there are other options out there.'
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
For more information, visit www.blueskytherapies.net.
Have you battled adversity to start a business? Contact Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com.