Suspected arson attack at plastics firm
An investigation is underway after more than 50 firefighters tackled a major blaze at a Brandon plastics recycling firm this morning.Crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, on the Brandon Industrial Park, off London Road, at about 2am on Saturday.
An investigation is underway into a suspected arson attack after more than 50 firefighters tackled a major blaze at a Brandon plastics recycling firm on Saturday.
Fire crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, on the Brandon Industrial Park, off London Road, at about 2am.
The blaze involved tonnes of recycled plastic in an open yard, which destroyed an outbuilding and caused some damage to neighbouring properties.
The fire was contained by 5am, but firefighters were at the scene for the majority of Saturday to dampen down hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses following the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it appeared that suspects may have started a fire near to the perimeter fence at the rear of the premises, which then spread to the compound.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 7 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 10 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
The incident is being treated as arson and police are appealing for anyone who may have seen anything suspicious to call Forest Heath CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.