Suspected arson attack at plastics firm
An investigation is underway after more than 50 firefighters tackled a major blaze at a Brandon plastics recycling firm this morning.Crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, on the Brandon Industrial Park, off London Road, at about 2am on Saturday.
An investigation is underway into a suspected arson attack after more than 50 firefighters tackled a major blaze at a Brandon plastics recycling firm on Saturday.
Fire crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, on the Brandon Industrial Park, off London Road, at about 2am.
The blaze involved tonnes of recycled plastic in an open yard, which destroyed an outbuilding and caused some damage to neighbouring properties.
The fire was contained by 5am, but firefighters were at the scene for the majority of Saturday to dampen down hot spots.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses following the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it appeared that suspects may have started a fire near to the perimeter fence at the rear of the premises, which then spread to the compound.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
The incident is being treated as arson and police are appealing for anyone who may have seen anything suspicious to call Forest Heath CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.