Suspected arson attack at plastics firm
An investigation is underway after more than 50 firefighters tackled a major blaze at a Brandon plastics recycling firm this morning.Crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, on the Brandon Industrial Park, off London Road, at about 2am on Saturday.
An investigation is underway into a suspected arson attack after more than 50 firefighters tackled a major blaze at a Brandon plastics recycling firm on Saturday.
Fire crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, on the Brandon Industrial Park, off London Road, at about 2am.
The blaze involved tonnes of recycled plastic in an open yard, which destroyed an outbuilding and caused some damage to neighbouring properties.
The fire was contained by 5am, but firefighters were at the scene for the majority of Saturday to dampen down hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses following the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it appeared that suspects may have started a fire near to the perimeter fence at the rear of the premises, which then spread to the compound.
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 3 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 4 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 5 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 6 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 7 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 8 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 10 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
The incident is being treated as arson and police are appealing for anyone who may have seen anything suspicious to call Forest Heath CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.