Superheroes needed to raise funds for Norfolk charity
Superheroes are needed to take part in a charity fun run next month being organised by a Hellesdon teenager.
Kirsty Ward, 17, hopes the event at Sloughbottom Park, off Drayton Road, Norwich, will raise much-needed funds for the Norfolk and Norwich Scope Association (NANSA) which provides support for children and adults who have cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
The theme for the fun run is superheroes, although fancy dress is optional.
Kirsty, who will be dressing up as Superwoman on the day, said: 'I hope the fun run will raise as much money as possible for NANSA because it is an amazing charity.
'It is just so important for people to help people who have disabilities. People do not realise how lucky they are to not have a disability.'
Kirsty, who lives in Samson Road, is studying child care at City College Norwich and she also does volunteer work at the NANSA charity shop in Meadow Way, Hellesdon.
The fun run in aid of NANSA is on Sunday, October 24 from 10am until 1pm. Every lap of the park is about three quarters of a mile and people can run or walk as many laps as they wish.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 3 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 4 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 5 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 6 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 7 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 8 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 9 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 10 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
The Norwich-based charity has been established for 50 years. It offers a broad programme of services for Norfolk people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities through its adult services and family services departments. It also works with other local organisations to give support to Norfolk children and adults with physical and learning disabilities.
Anyone interested in taking part in the fun run should call Kirsty on 07988 872884 or 01603 499351.
For more information on NANSA visit www.nansa.org.uk
Are you holding an unusual event for a good cause? Contact reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com