Superheroes needed to raise funds for Norfolk charity
Superheroes are needed to take part in a charity fun run next month being organised by a Hellesdon teenager.
Kirsty Ward, 17, hopes the event at Sloughbottom Park, off Drayton Road, Norwich, will raise much-needed funds for the Norfolk and Norwich Scope Association (NANSA) which provides support for children and adults who have cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
The theme for the fun run is superheroes, although fancy dress is optional.
Kirsty, who will be dressing up as Superwoman on the day, said: 'I hope the fun run will raise as much money as possible for NANSA because it is an amazing charity.
'It is just so important for people to help people who have disabilities. People do not realise how lucky they are to not have a disability.'
You may also want to watch:
Kirsty, who lives in Samson Road, is studying child care at City College Norwich and she also does volunteer work at the NANSA charity shop in Meadow Way, Hellesdon.
The fun run in aid of NANSA is on Sunday, October 24 from 10am until 1pm. Every lap of the park is about three quarters of a mile and people can run or walk as many laps as they wish.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 9 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
The Norwich-based charity has been established for 50 years. It offers a broad programme of services for Norfolk people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities through its adult services and family services departments. It also works with other local organisations to give support to Norfolk children and adults with physical and learning disabilities.
Anyone interested in taking part in the fun run should call Kirsty on 07988 872884 or 01603 499351.
For more information on NANSA visit www.nansa.org.uk
Are you holding an unusual event for a good cause? Contact reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com