Stunning paintings on show at Wymondham Art Society art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Vibrant flowers, traditional landscapes and street scenes all featured in a town art society's anual exhibition of stunning paintings.
Wymondham Art Society's chairman, artist Deborah Hallam, welcomed Wymondham mayor Robert Savage and more than 70 guests to the special private view evening which opened the exhibition.
Over the next few weeks 100 framed paintings by members of the society were on show, using all mediums - oils, pastels, watercolours, pencil, pen and collage.
The subjects portrayed were equally diverse - traditional landscapes, vibrant flowers, street scenes, animal portraits and everything inbetween.
All work, including a number of inexpensive unframed paintings, were for sale.
You may also want to watch:
Music was ably provided by the Bays River Jazz Duo and liquid refreshment by Wymondham wine merchant Reno Wine.
As always, the display of small original paintings was particularly popular, painted by the exhibiting artists as raffle prizes.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 3 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 6 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 10 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
Visitors were also invited to choose their favourite painting by secret ballot for the People's Choice 2017 award.
The Chairman's Special Choice prize was awarded to Marta Wellner for her watercolour seascape.