Stunning paintings on show at Wymondham Art Society art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Vibrant flowers, traditional landscapes and street scenes all featured in a town art society's anual exhibition of stunning paintings.
Wymondham Art Society's chairman, artist Deborah Hallam, welcomed Wymondham mayor Robert Savage and more than 70 guests to the special private view evening which opened the exhibition.
Over the next few weeks 100 framed paintings by members of the society were on show, using all mediums - oils, pastels, watercolours, pencil, pen and collage.
The subjects portrayed were equally diverse - traditional landscapes, vibrant flowers, street scenes, animal portraits and everything inbetween.
All work, including a number of inexpensive unframed paintings, were for sale.
You may also want to watch:
Music was ably provided by the Bays River Jazz Duo and liquid refreshment by Wymondham wine merchant Reno Wine.
As always, the display of small original paintings was particularly popular, painted by the exhibiting artists as raffle prizes.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 Man found in city flat named at inquest
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
- 8 Hungry and helpless: Rough sleepers' fears ahead of harsh winter
- 9 Villagers' outrage as trees and hedges axed in ongoing battle
- 10 Driver dies in crash on A47
Visitors were also invited to choose their favourite painting by secret ballot for the People's Choice 2017 award.
The Chairman's Special Choice prize was awarded to Marta Wellner for her watercolour seascape.