Stunning paintings on show at Wymondham Art Society art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Vibrant flowers, traditional landscapes and street scenes all featured in a town art society's anual exhibition of stunning paintings.
Wymondham Art Society's chairman, artist Deborah Hallam, welcomed Wymondham mayor Robert Savage and more than 70 guests to the special private view evening which opened the exhibition.
Over the next few weeks 100 framed paintings by members of the society were on show, using all mediums - oils, pastels, watercolours, pencil, pen and collage.
The subjects portrayed were equally diverse - traditional landscapes, vibrant flowers, street scenes, animal portraits and everything inbetween.
All work, including a number of inexpensive unframed paintings, were for sale.
Music was ably provided by the Bays River Jazz Duo and liquid refreshment by Wymondham wine merchant Reno Wine.
As always, the display of small original paintings was particularly popular, painted by the exhibiting artists as raffle prizes.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 2 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 3 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 4 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 5 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 6 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 7 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 9 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 10 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
Visitors were also invited to choose their favourite painting by secret ballot for the People's Choice 2017 award.
The Chairman's Special Choice prize was awarded to Marta Wellner for her watercolour seascape.