Students in Norwich get travel bursaries
Students from Norwich have received a bursary to help them pursue their travels.
The pupils from Notre Dame High School, on Surrey Street, received cheques amounting to �1200.
The money was donated from the Catenian Bursary Fund, which was set up to help these type of ventures.
Paul Bruning, president of Norwich Circle of the Catenian Association presented the cheques to assist the sixth formers planning to travel on a pilgrimage to Lourdes this year. The presentation took place on Tuesday, January 25 at the school.
The Catenian Association is an international brotherhood of Catholic professional men and describes its branches as circles.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 2 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 8 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot