Students in Norwich get travel bursaries
Students from Norwich have received a bursary to help them pursue their travels.
The pupils from Notre Dame High School, on Surrey Street, received cheques amounting to �1200.
The money was donated from the Catenian Bursary Fund, which was set up to help these type of ventures.
Paul Bruning, president of Norwich Circle of the Catenian Association presented the cheques to assist the sixth formers planning to travel on a pilgrimage to Lourdes this year. The presentation took place on Tuesday, January 25 at the school.
The Catenian Association is an international brotherhood of Catholic professional men and describes its branches as circles.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle