Strictly star Anton du Beke waltzes into Norwich on book tour
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Strictly Come Dancing professional Anton du Beke visited Jarrold department store this afternoon to launch his debut novel One Enchanted Evening.
Anton, who has been on the hit BBC One show since it started in 2004, spoke to a sold-out audience about the book and his glittering career.
The 180 guests were also treated to tea and scones and had the chance to get a selfie and their books signed too.
Ahead of the event, Elaine Andrews, from Sprowston, said: 'I'm a huge Strictly fan and love Anton so I'm very excited - we're hoping he might give us a twirl.'
One Enchanted Evening is set inside the spectacular ballroom of the exclusive Buckingham Hotel where the rich and powerful, politicians, film stars, and even royalty, rub shoulders with Raymond de Guise and his troupe of talented dancers.
You may also want to watch:
Anton said: 'The whole book is based on my experiences and the people I've met and the places I've visited - it's the story of my life.
'It's been a collaborative process which I've enjoyed enormously and it has been milling around in my head for years and it is a joy to get it into story form.'
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
The star has had plenty of time on his hands this year after being booted out first with Susannah Constantine but it doesn't bother him who his partner is on the show.
'I don't mind who I get put with, I got to the final a few years ago with Katie Derham and I enjoyed that and I've just done the Christmas special with Ann Widdecombe and I enjoyed that too.
'But of course I would liked to have stayed all the way to the final this year.'