Strictly Come Dancing star to judge Norwich competition
There are just three days left for Norfolk's brightest dancing talent to apply for a national competition that is judged by celebrity dancing star Brendan Cole in Norwich next weekend.
The Strictly Come Dancing performer is judging a nationwide competition to find the UK's hottest dance acts at The Forum on Saturday February 26 in association with www.barclayslive.co.uk.
Applications should be uploaded to the website in the form of a short clip of a dance performance, with the competition open to individuals, duos, groups and troupes, although under-16s must be accompanied by an adult on the day.
The top 10 entries will perform live on stage at The Forum ampitheatre and further entertainment on the day will include live music and professional dance performances, as well as a dance masterclass from Mr Cole.
Following the live performances, five of the 10 acts will be picked by the celebrity judging panel to go through to an online public vote, with an �1,000 prize for the chosen winner.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, the young street dance duo Steadiflux from Birmingham were crowned Barclays Live UK champions after beating off stiff competition in the form of UK Hip Hop champions Smash Broz and Britain's Got Talent semi-finalists Mini Mezzos. They then picked up over 100,000 votes nationally to take the title and the �1,000 prize.
To enter visit www.barclayslive.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your dance clip, name, phone number and postcode before midnight on Sunday February 20.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
Do you or your group think you have a shot at winning? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or on email at email@example.com