Strictly Come Dancing star to judge Norwich competition
There are just three days left for Norfolk's brightest dancing talent to apply for a national competition that is judged by celebrity dancing star Brendan Cole in Norwich next weekend.
The Strictly Come Dancing performer is judging a nationwide competition to find the UK's hottest dance acts at The Forum on Saturday February 26 in association with www.barclayslive.co.uk.
Applications should be uploaded to the website in the form of a short clip of a dance performance, with the competition open to individuals, duos, groups and troupes, although under-16s must be accompanied by an adult on the day.
The top 10 entries will perform live on stage at The Forum ampitheatre and further entertainment on the day will include live music and professional dance performances, as well as a dance masterclass from Mr Cole.
Following the live performances, five of the 10 acts will be picked by the celebrity judging panel to go through to an online public vote, with an �1,000 prize for the chosen winner.
Last year, the young street dance duo Steadiflux from Birmingham were crowned Barclays Live UK champions after beating off stiff competition in the form of UK Hip Hop champions Smash Broz and Britain's Got Talent semi-finalists Mini Mezzos. They then picked up over 100,000 votes nationally to take the title and the �1,000 prize.
To enter visit www.barclayslive.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your dance clip, name, phone number and postcode before midnight on Sunday February 20.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 8 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
Do you or your group think you have a shot at winning? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or on email at email@example.com