Street party raises hundreds of pounds for children’s hospice charity
- Credit: EACH
Street party fun raised hundreds of pounds for a children's hospice.
Residents on Wood Street, off Kingsley Road in Norwich city centre, took part in the annual community gathering.
The party, which included children's activities and a raffle, raised £611 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Tim Jenkins, EACH Norfolk community fundraiser, said: 'Thank you to everyone in Wood Street – clearly a lovely street full of community and charitably-minded residents, friends and families. This wonderful donation is sincerely appreciated.'
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and supports their families.
You may also want to watch:
In previous years the Wood Street parties have raised money for various good causes including child bereavement charity Nelson's Journey.
For more information about EACH visit www.each.org.uk.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale