Street party raises hundreds of pounds for children’s hospice charity
- Credit: EACH
Street party fun raised hundreds of pounds for a children's hospice.
Residents on Wood Street, off Kingsley Road in Norwich city centre, took part in the annual community gathering.
The party, which included children's activities and a raffle, raised £611 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Tim Jenkins, EACH Norfolk community fundraiser, said: 'Thank you to everyone in Wood Street – clearly a lovely street full of community and charitably-minded residents, friends and families. This wonderful donation is sincerely appreciated.'
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and supports their families.
You may also want to watch:
In previous years the Wood Street parties have raised money for various good causes including child bereavement charity Nelson's Journey.
For more information about EACH visit www.each.org.uk.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 4 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?