Store staff’s partnership helps to raise £4,000 for Star Throwers
- Credit: submitted
A Norwich department store has raised thousands of pounds for a charity that gives support to people affected by cancer.
Staff at John Lewis Norwich raised £4,000 during a one-year partnership with Wymondham-based Star Throwers.
Jill Chapman, a Star Throwers volunteer, visited the city store last week and was presented with the cheque for the charity.
Star Throwers has a team of doctors, nurses, complementary therapists, counsellors and volunteers who give compassionate care, guidance and support to people with cancer and their families and carers.
Partners from John Lewis Norwich raised the £4,000 through a wide range of fundraising initiatives including cake sales, quiz nights, raffles and tombolas, and the money will help keep the Star Throwers centre operating.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Chapman said: 'This is absolutely fantastic.
'We would like to sincerely thank John Lewis workers for what they have done, we really appreciate their support.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 8 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 9 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 10 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
John Lewis community liaison coordinator Alison Rowland added: 'We are thrilled to have raised £4,000 for such a worthwhile charity.
'I would like to thank each and every partner who has organised or supported branch activities over the last year.'
Star Throwers offers advice and support to people across the UK from the charity's base in Wymondham.
For more about Star Throwers visit www.starthrowers.org.uk
Are you organising an event for charity? Email email@example.com