Store staff’s partnership helps to raise £4,000 for Star Throwers
- Credit: submitted
A Norwich department store has raised thousands of pounds for a charity that gives support to people affected by cancer.
Staff at John Lewis Norwich raised £4,000 during a one-year partnership with Wymondham-based Star Throwers.
Jill Chapman, a Star Throwers volunteer, visited the city store last week and was presented with the cheque for the charity.
Star Throwers has a team of doctors, nurses, complementary therapists, counsellors and volunteers who give compassionate care, guidance and support to people with cancer and their families and carers.
Partners from John Lewis Norwich raised the £4,000 through a wide range of fundraising initiatives including cake sales, quiz nights, raffles and tombolas, and the money will help keep the Star Throwers centre operating.
Ms Chapman said: 'This is absolutely fantastic.
'We would like to sincerely thank John Lewis workers for what they have done, we really appreciate their support.'
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 6 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 7 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 8 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
John Lewis community liaison coordinator Alison Rowland added: 'We are thrilled to have raised £4,000 for such a worthwhile charity.
'I would like to thank each and every partner who has organised or supported branch activities over the last year.'
Star Throwers offers advice and support to people across the UK from the charity's base in Wymondham.
For more about Star Throwers visit www.starthrowers.org.uk
Are you organising an event for charity? Email email@example.com