Store staff’s partnership helps to raise £4,000 for Star Throwers
- Credit: submitted
A Norwich department store has raised thousands of pounds for a charity that gives support to people affected by cancer.
Staff at John Lewis Norwich raised £4,000 during a one-year partnership with Wymondham-based Star Throwers.
Jill Chapman, a Star Throwers volunteer, visited the city store last week and was presented with the cheque for the charity.
Star Throwers has a team of doctors, nurses, complementary therapists, counsellors and volunteers who give compassionate care, guidance and support to people with cancer and their families and carers.
Partners from John Lewis Norwich raised the £4,000 through a wide range of fundraising initiatives including cake sales, quiz nights, raffles and tombolas, and the money will help keep the Star Throwers centre operating.
Ms Chapman said: 'This is absolutely fantastic.
'We would like to sincerely thank John Lewis workers for what they have done, we really appreciate their support.'
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 3 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 4 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
- 5 Riverside assault witness thought adults were breaking it up
- 6 Tributes paid to city busman Peter, the 'life and soul' of his family
- 7 'It looks like a supermarket car park': Fury over floodlit city park
- 8 Rats and mice invading walls of city homes as winter kicks in
- 9 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
John Lewis community liaison coordinator Alison Rowland added: 'We are thrilled to have raised £4,000 for such a worthwhile charity.
'I would like to thank each and every partner who has organised or supported branch activities over the last year.'
Star Throwers offers advice and support to people across the UK from the charity's base in Wymondham.
For more about Star Throwers visit www.starthrowers.org.uk
Are you organising an event for charity? Email email@example.com