Step into a Big Lunch - in Norwich
Peter WalshVisitors to Norwich were invited to step into a giant piece of 3D artwork outside one of the city's most iconic buildings as part of the launch of this yea's Big Lunch event.Peter Walsh
Visitors to Norwich were invited to step into a giant piece of 3D artwork outside one of the city's most iconic buildings as part of the launch of this yea's Big Lunch event.
Renowned artist Kurt Wenner was responsible for creating the 3D masterpiece which was outside the Forum building yesterday.
The 5metre by 5metre installation took a total of four hours to create and saw giant sandwiches, fruit, cakes, burgers, buns and cups of tea breaking free from a Big Lunch table and 'floating up' into the hands of the surrounding Big Lunchers.
Mr Wenner said: 'The scene I have created is vibrant, colourful and joyous, born from people of all walks of life coming together and enjoying the unique community and friendship feel of many Big Lunch events.'
You may also want to watch:
The Big Lunch is an annual event which encourages people to sit down with their neighbours for lunch on one day of the year, in a simple act of friendship and community.
Those interested in participating in The Big Lunch 2010, which takes place on Sunday, July 18, are encouraged to go to www.TheBigLunch.com for further information.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
The Big Lunch is led by the Eden Project with the support of a family of partners, including The Big Lottery Fund, MasterCard, and EDF Energy.