Staff at a Norwich hotel redecorate school’s cloakrooms
Management and staff from Holiday Inn Norwich North swapped their hotel uniforms for overalls, to redecorate a local school's cloakrooms.
Armed with paint and brushes, purchased by the Hellesdon hotel, near Norwich International Airport, the team spent a number of days redecorating the cloakrooms of nearby Firside Junior School, on Middletons Lane.
The initiative was part of the hotel's commitment to supporting its local community and, since many of the staff at the hotel are past pupils of Firside, the project was greeted with enthusiasm by the staff.
Adam Galer, a former pupil at Firside and now conference and events operations manager for the hotel, said: 'It's great to be doing something which supports the local community and obviously I'm particularly pleased that this project was chosen as I used to go to school at Firside.
'I have really fond memories of my time there and the cloakrooms have really benefited from our help.'
You may also want to watch:
Devin Grosse, general manager of Holiday Inn Norwich North, added: 'We feel it's important to support and work in partnership with the community in which many of us live and work.
'Firside Junior is a lovely school, which a number of the staff here attended, so this project was a wonderful opportunity for those members of the team to give back to the school where they began their education.'
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
More than 10 members of staff from the hotel volunteered to be a part of the project, giving up their free time to clean and decorate the cloakrooms.
Simon Fisher, headteacher at Firside Junior School, said: 'We are absolutely delighted to have had the help and support of the hotel over the summer.
'The team have done a truly professional job and the results are fantastic.
'In the current climate it is difficult to find the resources to freshen up and redecorate any area of the school let alone the toilets – and yet they are so tremendously important.
'I am extremely grateful to Devin and his staff in helping to make such an improvement,'
Are you organising an event which will benefit your community? Call Local Life editor Richard Wood on 01603 772423 or email email@example.com