Staff at a Norwich hotel redecorate school’s cloakrooms
Management and staff from Holiday Inn Norwich North swapped their hotel uniforms for overalls, to redecorate a local school's cloakrooms.
Armed with paint and brushes, purchased by the Hellesdon hotel, near Norwich International Airport, the team spent a number of days redecorating the cloakrooms of nearby Firside Junior School, on Middletons Lane.
The initiative was part of the hotel's commitment to supporting its local community and, since many of the staff at the hotel are past pupils of Firside, the project was greeted with enthusiasm by the staff.
Adam Galer, a former pupil at Firside and now conference and events operations manager for the hotel, said: 'It's great to be doing something which supports the local community and obviously I'm particularly pleased that this project was chosen as I used to go to school at Firside.
'I have really fond memories of my time there and the cloakrooms have really benefited from our help.'
Devin Grosse, general manager of Holiday Inn Norwich North, added: 'We feel it's important to support and work in partnership with the community in which many of us live and work.
'Firside Junior is a lovely school, which a number of the staff here attended, so this project was a wonderful opportunity for those members of the team to give back to the school where they began their education.'
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
More than 10 members of staff from the hotel volunteered to be a part of the project, giving up their free time to clean and decorate the cloakrooms.
Simon Fisher, headteacher at Firside Junior School, said: 'We are absolutely delighted to have had the help and support of the hotel over the summer.
'The team have done a truly professional job and the results are fantastic.
'In the current climate it is difficult to find the resources to freshen up and redecorate any area of the school let alone the toilets – and yet they are so tremendously important.
'I am extremely grateful to Devin and his staff in helping to make such an improvement,'
Are you organising an event which will benefit your community? Call Local Life editor Richard Wood on 01603 772423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org