St Faiths Ladies Group 40 year anniversary
A local fund-raising group celebrated their 40 year anniversary this month by organising a reunion of past and present members.
Founding and current members joined together at the St Faith's Centre on Manor Road in Horsham and Newton St Faith on Friday, March 18 to celebrate the achievements of the St Faiths Ladies Group.
Heather Gardiner of St Clements Hill, Norwich, has been a member for four years.
She said: 'It was a brilliant night, with about 50 of us there.
'The group is full of good company and I go to meet new people.'
You may also want to watch:
The group has been fund-raising for many charities over the years, which include EACH, Caister Lifeboat, the East Coast Truckers, the East Anglian Air Ambulance, animal charities, India, Mencap, Mission Room and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Founder Sylvia Howard said: 'We formed the group as there was nothing for young mothers to do in the village and it was a good opportunity to socialise.
- 1 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 4 Family lose 'lifeline' van in fire
- 5 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 6 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Man kicked victim in head like 'taking football penalty'
- 9 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
'I never knew it would grow into what it is today and it is a honour to be invited back.'
The group was also joined by The Memory Joggers on the evening, who gave a light-hearted, informal and interactive talk on Norfolk life and past objects.
Committee member Anne Hart has been part of the group for almost 30 years and said: 'I can't believe how much the group has snowballed.
'It's nice for a group of ladies to get together and enjoy the companionship.' The group meet every third Thursday of the month in the mission room at the St Faiths Parish Church of St Mary and St Andrew, at 8pm.
For more information contact Mary Hewitt on 01603 867140.
Are you part of a group celebrating an important event? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772438 or email email@example.com