St Faiths Ladies Group 40 year anniversary
A local fund-raising group celebrated their 40 year anniversary this month by organising a reunion of past and present members.
Founding and current members joined together at the St Faith's Centre on Manor Road in Horsham and Newton St Faith on Friday, March 18 to celebrate the achievements of the St Faiths Ladies Group.
Heather Gardiner of St Clements Hill, Norwich, has been a member for four years.
She said: 'It was a brilliant night, with about 50 of us there.
'The group is full of good company and I go to meet new people.'
You may also want to watch:
The group has been fund-raising for many charities over the years, which include EACH, Caister Lifeboat, the East Coast Truckers, the East Anglian Air Ambulance, animal charities, India, Mencap, Mission Room and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Founder Sylvia Howard said: 'We formed the group as there was nothing for young mothers to do in the village and it was a good opportunity to socialise.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
'I never knew it would grow into what it is today and it is a honour to be invited back.'
The group was also joined by The Memory Joggers on the evening, who gave a light-hearted, informal and interactive talk on Norfolk life and past objects.
Committee member Anne Hart has been part of the group for almost 30 years and said: 'I can't believe how much the group has snowballed.
'It's nice for a group of ladies to get together and enjoy the companionship.' The group meet every third Thursday of the month in the mission room at the St Faiths Parish Church of St Mary and St Andrew, at 8pm.
For more information contact Mary Hewitt on 01603 867140.
Are you part of a group celebrating an important event? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org