Children cheer on Teemu Pukki in Euro 2020 Finland clash
- Credit: Ella Wilkinson
Children flew the flag proudly for Norwich City striker Teemu Pukki during the Finland v Russia Euro 2020 clash.
The youngsters, aged four and five, from tiger and panda reception classes at Sprowston Infant School on Recreation Ground Road, got into the sporting celebrations on Wednesday, June 16.
Class teacher Andy Palmer said the children were enjoying learning about different countries through the international competition.
He said: "The children really enjoyed it. They made lots of different flags and sang songs outside. They had lots of fun. I'm really impressed with the children. They are learning lots and lots."
Mr Palmer, 49, from Blofield, led the singing with his guitar and songs included World in Motion and Football's Coming Home.
Other Euro 2020-related activities the reception children will do include cooking international dishes and learning foreign phrases.
Russia won 1-0 in the group B match.
- 1 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut