Sprowston children are technology buffs
Sam EmanuelChildren at Sprowston Junior School in Norwich are officially at the forefront of using information and communications technology to enhance their work.Sam Emanuel
Children at Sprowston Junior School in Norwich are officially at the forefront of using information and communications technology to enhance their work.
After an extensive external assessment, the school has been awarded the prestigious ICT Mark by Becta, the government-funded body responsible for promoting the use of ICT in Britain's schools and colleges.
The award recognises the school's success in developing the strategic use of ICT in both administration and across the curriculum. Deputy head teacher Matt Walton said: 'We are delighted to be awarded the ICT Mark. It recognises our positive approach to ICT and the benefits it is bringing to our children. We believe that ICT can be used in every aspect of learning and that it is essential our children are equipped for the modern world.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 9 Norwich road to close for resurfacing and maintenance
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident