Sprowston charity golf day proves big success
A charity golf day in Sprowston has helped to raise over �7,000 for three Norfolk charities.
It was the fifth time Norfolk- based Insight Financial Associates had held a golf day at The Marriott Sprowston Manor Hotel and Country Club and it proved a big success.
In total �7, 274 was raised from the golf day, with the money split between Norfolk and Waveney cancer charity Big C, Nelson's Journey, which helps support bereaved children, and The Norfolk Hospice, which helps care for local people with life limiting illnesses.
Richard Shaw, CEO of The Norfolk Hospice, said: 'I would like to thank Insight for supporting The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House.
'As their chosen charity for 2011 we are very appreciative for the events they run in aid of local charities. The Golf Day was a huge success and enjoyed by all who participated.'
You may also want to watch:
The event was to be the biggest held by the independent financial advice company in its five-year history, with 23 teams competing for the Insight Cup as they tried to raise as much money as possible.
Managing Director Jason Howard said: 'I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported our event through either entering a team, sponsoring a hole or by donating items for our auction and raffle, which is the reason we were able to raise such an amazing amount of money.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
Previous winners Millsopps won the day, reclaiming the trophy from Aquaterra Energy.
The best player award was given to Steve Denton who shot 45, while second was Peter Blackmur who shot a round of 43.
In third place was former Norwich City striker Dean Ashton who shot 41.
Plans have already started for Insight's 2012 golf event. It will take place at the same venue on Thursday, September 6.
Are you holding a charity sporting event? Contact Local Life editor Richard Wood on 01603 772423 or email email@example.com