Spixworth youngsters get ready to celebrate St George this Easter
Spixworth will be overrun with saints and dragons as well as eggs and bunnies on Monday as part of a special double Easter celebration.
Youngsters have been busy preparing for a St George's Day Extravaganza which will be held at the village hall in Crostwick Lane between 11am and 3pm on bank holiday Monday.
St George's Day, the day the country celebrates England's patron saint, is traditionally April 23 but the event is being held on Monday to link the story of St George to Easter.
Spixworth Parish Church has organised an all-ages family event and invited scores of other community groups to celebrate with them. Children are being urged to attend the event dressed as St George, a dragon, or a princess and take part in the fancy dress competition on the day.
Other activities include crafts for kids, circus skills, a puppet workshop and an Easter egg hunt.
You may also want to watch:
Rev Andrew Beane, rector of Spixworth, Horsham St Faith and Crostwick, said: 'Celebrating St George gives us a wonderful opportunity to celebrate our community, our national saint and to find out more about this multi-cultural hero.'
The event has been sponsored by local firms and organisations including Fosters, Housebuddies, Trek, Smith & Pinching, the Longe Arms, the Black Swan and the Diocese of Norwich.
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 8 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Youngsters can also enter the free-to-enter colouring competition by logging on to the website, www.spixworthchurch.org.uk. There will be a prize for all who enter.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 898258.
Are you organising a fun event for your community? Call Peter Walsh on 01603 772436 or email email@example.com