Take a look inside Norwich’s new Indian restaurant with a twist
- Credit: Archant
A new Indian restaurant has opened its doors, bringing something 'completely different' to the city.
Spice Valley opened this October in 5 Magdalen Street inside a Grade II listed building that has been closed for years.
The new eatery boasts a large seating area, an illuminated bar and even an indoor waterfall.
Alongside traditional offerings, such as jalfrezi and vindaloo, there are innovative dishes such as a crab malabar, made with crab claws, bell peppers and spices, and tandoori duck.
Metu Rahman, director of Spice Valley, said: 'Spice Valley is a traditional Indian restaurant and we have an Indian chef from Delhi.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a listed building that has been closed for years and years and we've renovated it as an Indian restaurant which is completely different to anywhere else in Norwich.
READ MORE: Get ready for The Greatest Show as new season at Norwich Theatre Royal is announced'We will be serving Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine and normally when you go to an Indian restaurant you get chicken and lamb but we will do rabbit, beef, pigeons, lobsters, prawns and duck - all different sorts of fish and meat.
'My family have been working in Indian restaurants since I was born and a number in Norwich.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 7 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 10 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
'We've got a great reaction so far and a lot of people booking up.
Spice Valley is open from 5pm to 11.30pm seven days a week and you can view the menu here.