Take a look inside Norwich’s new Indian restaurant with a twist
- Credit: Archant
A new Indian restaurant has opened its doors, bringing something 'completely different' to the city.
Spice Valley opened this October in 5 Magdalen Street inside a Grade II listed building that has been closed for years.
The new eatery boasts a large seating area, an illuminated bar and even an indoor waterfall.
Alongside traditional offerings, such as jalfrezi and vindaloo, there are innovative dishes such as a crab malabar, made with crab claws, bell peppers and spices, and tandoori duck.
Metu Rahman, director of Spice Valley, said: 'Spice Valley is a traditional Indian restaurant and we have an Indian chef from Delhi.
'It is a listed building that has been closed for years and years and we've renovated it as an Indian restaurant which is completely different to anywhere else in Norwich.
READ MORE: Get ready for The Greatest Show as new season at Norwich Theatre Royal is announced'We will be serving Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine and normally when you go to an Indian restaurant you get chicken and lamb but we will do rabbit, beef, pigeons, lobsters, prawns and duck - all different sorts of fish and meat.
'My family have been working in Indian restaurants since I was born and a number in Norwich.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 6 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 7 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 8 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
'We've got a great reaction so far and a lot of people booking up.
Spice Valley is open from 5pm to 11.30pm seven days a week and you can view the menu here.