Take a look inside Norwich’s new Indian restaurant with a twist
- Credit: Archant
A new Indian restaurant has opened its doors, bringing something 'completely different' to the city.
Spice Valley opened this October in 5 Magdalen Street inside a Grade II listed building that has been closed for years.
The new eatery boasts a large seating area, an illuminated bar and even an indoor waterfall.
Alongside traditional offerings, such as jalfrezi and vindaloo, there are innovative dishes such as a crab malabar, made with crab claws, bell peppers and spices, and tandoori duck.
Metu Rahman, director of Spice Valley, said: 'Spice Valley is a traditional Indian restaurant and we have an Indian chef from Delhi.
'It is a listed building that has been closed for years and years and we've renovated it as an Indian restaurant which is completely different to anywhere else in Norwich.
READ MORE: Get ready for The Greatest Show as new season at Norwich Theatre Royal is announced'We will be serving Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine and normally when you go to an Indian restaurant you get chicken and lamb but we will do rabbit, beef, pigeons, lobsters, prawns and duck - all different sorts of fish and meat.
'My family have been working in Indian restaurants since I was born and a number in Norwich.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 3 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 4 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 8 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
'We've got a great reaction so far and a lot of people booking up.
Spice Valley is open from 5pm to 11.30pm seven days a week and you can view the menu here.