Norwich glasses wearer could follow in footsteps of Love Island star
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman is a step closer to winning £10,000 after she was chosen from thousands as a finalist for Specsavers' Spectacle Wearer of the Year.
Hannah Cunningham, 35, could follow in the footsteps of last year's winner, Love Island star Alex Miller, and get the chance to mingle with celebrities at the annual Spectacle Wearer of the Year Awards, as well as pick up the £10,000 prize.
Hannah was invited to visit her local Specsavers store in White Lion Street to receive a bottle of champagne, a certificate and a £125 glasses voucher.
'I never usually enter competitions because I never win them,' she said.
'When I got the call to say I was a regional finalist I was shocked as so many people had entered, but I am delighted to have been chosen.
You may also want to watch:
'I have numerous pairs of glasses for every occasion – probably as many as I have pairs of shoes,' she added.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop