Spanish children enjoy Broads boat trip
A group of disabled and disadvantaged Spanish children enjoyed a day on the broads yesterday as part of their visit to Norfolk.
Children, parents and carers from Tenerife are spending a week in the county and have been to Africa Alive, the Broads and Great Yarmouth.
The youngsters aged from nine to 16, some of whom have Downs syndrome, are staying at the Wild Duck resort, Haven Holidays, in Great Yarmouth for a summer camp.
A British mum and her two youngsters were part of the group but the others were all Spanish.
Party leader Colin Slade said: 'There are no rivers or trains on the island of Tenerife so none of the Spanish youngsters has seen a boat on a river or a train before. Norfolk seemed the ideal part of England to give the children that experience so both those trips were especially exciting for them.
You may also want to watch:
'The boat trip was fantastic even though it rained for the last 20 minutes. We were on the top deck. We also met up with Wroxham Lions which was brilliant.'
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 5 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash