Spanish children enjoy Broads boat trip
A group of disabled and disadvantaged Spanish children enjoyed a day on the broads yesterday as part of their visit to Norfolk.
Children, parents and carers from Tenerife are spending a week in the county and have been to Africa Alive, the Broads and Great Yarmouth.
The youngsters aged from nine to 16, some of whom have Downs syndrome, are staying at the Wild Duck resort, Haven Holidays, in Great Yarmouth for a summer camp.
A British mum and her two youngsters were part of the group but the others were all Spanish.
Party leader Colin Slade said: 'There are no rivers or trains on the island of Tenerife so none of the Spanish youngsters has seen a boat on a river or a train before. Norfolk seemed the ideal part of England to give the children that experience so both those trips were especially exciting for them.
You may also want to watch:
'The boat trip was fantastic even though it rained for the last 20 minutes. We were on the top deck. We also met up with Wroxham Lions which was brilliant.'
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 6 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 7 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 8 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road