Spamalot to show on Norwich stage
Ben KendallPopular musical Spamalot - based on the classic comedy film Monty Python and The Holy Grail - is on its way to Norwich Theatre Royal.Ben Kendall
Popular musical Spamalot - based on the classic comedy film Monty Python and The Holy Grail - is on its way to Norwich Theatre Royal.
With a cast headed by former EastEnders, The Bill and Grange Hill actor Todd Carty, will take to the stage from October 4 to 9. Using the miracles of 21st century technology, Python star Eric Idle will also play the part of God from the poolside of his LA home.
Theatre spokesman John Bultitude said: 'This show is guaranteed to put a smile on the face of Norwich and the surrounding area this autumn. It has been described as the most infectiously funny musical of the millennium and some might say it sets musical theatre back 1000 years - in a good way.'
Spamalot has been a smash-hit in the West End and on Broadway winning three Tony Awards and being nominated for eleven more. Written by Idle and John Du Prez, it tells the legendary story of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.
You may also want to watch:
It also boasts a number of tunes including He Is Not Dead Yet, Knights Of The Round Table and the 2009 Favourite Comedy Song - Always Look On the Bright Side Of Life.
The show marks a return to the stage for Todd Carty who made his theatre debut at the New London Theatre on Drury Lane where he played the lead in Lionel - the musical based on the life of legendary musical composer Lionel Bart.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 8 Veterans plan alternative Remembrance Service after council's is cancelled
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
The show will also mark a return to Norfolk for cast member Amy Papa, who has been a member of the cast in the annual Thursford Christmas Spectacular which runs over the festive season.
Mr Bultitude added: 'The show is sure to prove popular with Norwich Theatre Royal audiences with tickets going on sale to Friends of The Theatre and the public later in the month. Specific dates will be announced shortly.'
t Contact the box office on 01603 630000 or book online at www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk