New thermal spa to open above city centre Nando’s
- Credit: Archant
A new thermal spa is set to open later this year in Norwich city centre.
The venue will open above Nando's on Red Lion Street later this year, creating 28 new jobs.
The spa will feature a mud chamber, eight treatment rooms for facials and massages, a spa-pool, monsoon showers and a restaurant serving healthy lunches and afternoon teas.
Mustapha Conteh, 33, already owns Head and Soul Beauty Salon on Red Lion Street and spotted a gap in the market for a health spa.
The first designs were drawn in 2016 but a disagreement with the landlord slowed down building work.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Conteh describes the project as 'stressful' but exciting, and said the initial budget of £300,000 has been raised to a 'seven-figure' sum.
He is currently looking to recruit a general manager to lead the team.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 6 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 7 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 10 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing