“Sophisticated” cannabis factory in Thorpe St Andrew raided
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police have seized drugs and cash after uncovering a cannabis factory in Thorpe St Andrew.
Officers raided a house in Boulton Road and found 20 cannabis plants yesterday, as well as harvested cannabis among what officers described as a 'sophisticated' set-up.
Drug paraphernalia was seized and a man was interviewed under caution at the scene while a 50-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class B drug.
She was questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and released on bail pending further enquiries until 22 June.
Local beat manager, PC Cormac Harrison, said: 'We are determined to continue robustly targeting people suspected of being involved in illegal drug activity in Thorpe St Andrew.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 6 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 7 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 8 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 9 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 10 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
'I would urge anyone with concerns about such activity to contact the local policing team on 101 or report anything suspicious to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.'