“Sophisticated” cannabis factory in Thorpe St Andrew raided
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police have seized drugs and cash after uncovering a cannabis factory in Thorpe St Andrew.
Officers raided a house in Boulton Road and found 20 cannabis plants yesterday, as well as harvested cannabis among what officers described as a 'sophisticated' set-up.
Drug paraphernalia was seized and a man was interviewed under caution at the scene while a 50-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class B drug.
You may also want to watch:
She was questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and released on bail pending further enquiries until 22 June.
Local beat manager, PC Cormac Harrison, said: 'We are determined to continue robustly targeting people suspected of being involved in illegal drug activity in Thorpe St Andrew.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
'I would urge anyone with concerns about such activity to contact the local policing team on 101 or report anything suspicious to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.'