“Sophisticated” cannabis factory in Thorpe St Andrew raided
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police have seized drugs and cash after uncovering a cannabis factory in Thorpe St Andrew.
Officers raided a house in Boulton Road and found 20 cannabis plants yesterday, as well as harvested cannabis among what officers described as a 'sophisticated' set-up.
Drug paraphernalia was seized and a man was interviewed under caution at the scene while a 50-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class B drug.
She was questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and released on bail pending further enquiries until 22 June.
Local beat manager, PC Cormac Harrison, said: 'We are determined to continue robustly targeting people suspected of being involved in illegal drug activity in Thorpe St Andrew.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 8 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
'I would urge anyone with concerns about such activity to contact the local policing team on 101 or report anything suspicious to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.'