Some of President Trump’s promises may be ‘obnoxious,’ but at least he’s kept to his word
- Credit: AP
When you look at what President Trump has done on his first days since his inauguration and the criticism he is receiving one can only say that he is only implementing the policies he promised his supporters that would take place at speed if he overcame all the odds stacked against him and won the fight to become their next president.
However obnoxious some of his promises were there were enough American who shared his vision for the way forward for the USA and turned out in their millions to vote him in.
In all my years I have never experienced any politician in this country make such clear cut promises and then when elected carry them out.
Perhaps this is because he is not a career politician as they all have bene before but a successful businessman with a ruthless streak.
I would never have voted for him and think that his isolation policy based on us against the rest of the world will cause chaos both in America itself and the rest of the world.
You may also want to watch:
The bulk of the blue collar workers who voted for him believe that it is only cheap outside labour that has caused them to lose their jobs but the truth is simple automation has been the main problem where a computer-controlled machine operated by one man can now do the same work quicker than it would take a dozen machines.
As for his hatred of all Muslims and his attempted ban on them coming into America will the next step be for American Muslims having a red M stamped on their driving licences and other forms similar to the Jews having a J stamped on their papers during the Second World War.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
Trump is only carrying out his supporters' wishes which make you think that you should be careful on what you wish for when you cast your vote.
David M Coe, Rosebery Road, Norwich.