Sold out showcase of Norwich music talent
- Credit: Submitted
Four bands will be taking to the stage in Norwich for a local music showcase. Adam Aiken caught up with Clown Smash Everything ahead of what will be their debut gig.
Four bands will be taking to the stage in Norwich on December 7 as the local music scene 'turns a corner'.
Kaves, Clown Smash Everything, Sucking Grunts and Rats Packing Grenades will be at the Waterfront Studio for a sold-out show.
It will be the debut live performance of Clown Smash Everything, who have just released their first album, The Bombs Are Getting Closer, and Gav Thomas (vocals and guitar) says the show will cement the city's reputation for having a vibrant music scene.
'I feel like the music scene here in Norwich has turned a corner and there are so many quality bands coming up,' he said.
'It's all getting very exciting so I wanted to put on a massive debut gig involving three other bands, who are also brand new. We're co-headlining with Kaves, who are old friends, and it's their debut gig, too. It's great that we don't have to feel nervous about it being our very first gig as we're all in the same boat!'
CSE's roots are in punk and hardcore, but tonight's line-up will offer far more than that.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 3 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 4 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 5 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 6 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 7 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 8 Roadworks slammed a 'complete mess' as another cycle lane is closed
- 9 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 10 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
'I've always been a fan of eclectic line-ups so the audience doesn't get bored of one genre of music repeated four times,' said Thomas.
'We've got four quite different bands, from our high-energy hardcore/punk to Kaves's anthemic alt-rock, and from Sucking Grunts's grunge and jazz to the rock riffs and grooves of Rats Packing Grenades.'
The next stop for CSE is London on Sunday as they continue to promote their debut album, which the four-piece are proud of.
'In these days when everyone else is concentrating on singles and EPs, we wanted to come straight out with our debut album as a strong statement,' Thomas said.
Starting off with a sold-out home-city gig isn't a bad way to kick things off.
• More info at clownsmasheverything.com