Sold out showcase of Norwich music talent
- Credit: Submitted
Four bands will be taking to the stage in Norwich for a local music showcase. Adam Aiken caught up with Clown Smash Everything ahead of what will be their debut gig.
Four bands will be taking to the stage in Norwich on December 7 as the local music scene 'turns a corner'.
Kaves, Clown Smash Everything, Sucking Grunts and Rats Packing Grenades will be at the Waterfront Studio for a sold-out show.
It will be the debut live performance of Clown Smash Everything, who have just released their first album, The Bombs Are Getting Closer, and Gav Thomas (vocals and guitar) says the show will cement the city's reputation for having a vibrant music scene.
'I feel like the music scene here in Norwich has turned a corner and there are so many quality bands coming up,' he said.
'It's all getting very exciting so I wanted to put on a massive debut gig involving three other bands, who are also brand new. We're co-headlining with Kaves, who are old friends, and it's their debut gig, too. It's great that we don't have to feel nervous about it being our very first gig as we're all in the same boat!'
CSE's roots are in punk and hardcore, but tonight's line-up will offer far more than that.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 6 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 7 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 8 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 9 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
- 10 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
'I've always been a fan of eclectic line-ups so the audience doesn't get bored of one genre of music repeated four times,' said Thomas.
'We've got four quite different bands, from our high-energy hardcore/punk to Kaves's anthemic alt-rock, and from Sucking Grunts's grunge and jazz to the rock riffs and grooves of Rats Packing Grenades.'
The next stop for CSE is London on Sunday as they continue to promote their debut album, which the four-piece are proud of.
'In these days when everyone else is concentrating on singles and EPs, we wanted to come straight out with our debut album as a strong statement,' Thomas said.
Starting off with a sold-out home-city gig isn't a bad way to kick things off.
• More info at clownsmasheverything.com