Snow, sleet and rain set to dominate the week's weather
Mary HamiltonWith rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.Mary Hamilton
With rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.
Steve Western of Weatherquest, a forecasting service based at the University of East Anglia, said the weekend's snow and sleet flurries are likely to be repeated today and throughout the week.
'Today it is going to stay fairly cloudy, with outbreaks of sleet and snow on and off through the morning,' he said.
'Hopefully it will be drier and clearer this afternoon, but we will probably see sleet and snow into the early afternoon.
'Overnight it should be fairly dry and we may get a frost.
'Tuesday looks like a decent morning, but clouding over during the day with rain, sleet or snow by the end of the afternoon or the evening.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 4 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 5 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 6 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 7 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 9 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 10 City's car parks FINALLY go cashless
'For the rest of the week the forecast is unsettled weather with outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow.
'It is a very messy week coming up.'