Snow, sleet and rain set to dominate the week's weather
Mary HamiltonWith rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.Mary Hamilton
With rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.
Steve Western of Weatherquest, a forecasting service based at the University of East Anglia, said the weekend's snow and sleet flurries are likely to be repeated today and throughout the week.
'Today it is going to stay fairly cloudy, with outbreaks of sleet and snow on and off through the morning,' he said.
'Hopefully it will be drier and clearer this afternoon, but we will probably see sleet and snow into the early afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
'Overnight it should be fairly dry and we may get a frost.
'Tuesday looks like a decent morning, but clouding over during the day with rain, sleet or snow by the end of the afternoon or the evening.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
'For the rest of the week the forecast is unsettled weather with outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow.
'It is a very messy week coming up.'