Snow, sleet and rain set to dominate the week's weather
Mary HamiltonWith rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.Mary Hamilton
With rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.
Steve Western of Weatherquest, a forecasting service based at the University of East Anglia, said the weekend's snow and sleet flurries are likely to be repeated today and throughout the week.
'Today it is going to stay fairly cloudy, with outbreaks of sleet and snow on and off through the morning,' he said.
'Hopefully it will be drier and clearer this afternoon, but we will probably see sleet and snow into the early afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
'Overnight it should be fairly dry and we may get a frost.
'Tuesday looks like a decent morning, but clouding over during the day with rain, sleet or snow by the end of the afternoon or the evening.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
- 7 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 8 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
'For the rest of the week the forecast is unsettled weather with outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow.
'It is a very messy week coming up.'