Snow, sleet and rain set to dominate the week's weather
Mary HamiltonWith rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.Mary Hamilton
With rain, sleet and snow set to dominate the weather, it looks like a 'messy week' ahead, forecasters said this morning.
Steve Western of Weatherquest, a forecasting service based at the University of East Anglia, said the weekend's snow and sleet flurries are likely to be repeated today and throughout the week.
'Today it is going to stay fairly cloudy, with outbreaks of sleet and snow on and off through the morning,' he said.
'Hopefully it will be drier and clearer this afternoon, but we will probably see sleet and snow into the early afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
'Overnight it should be fairly dry and we may get a frost.
'Tuesday looks like a decent morning, but clouding over during the day with rain, sleet or snow by the end of the afternoon or the evening.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
'For the rest of the week the forecast is unsettled weather with outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow.
'It is a very messy week coming up.'