Snow showers at the Forum help people get into the Christmas spirit
A Norwich landmark was given an extra sprinkle of Christmas cheer this weekend when snow cannons blasted over the Forum.
Hundreds of people flocked to the Forum to see choirs perform around Christmas trees under a shower of snow.
Choirs from Northgathe High School in Dereham and Flegg High School in Great Yarmouth along with Catton Community Choir, took to the stage on Saturday morning to sing Christmas carols.
Chris Ballard, 34, an IT consultant from Old Catton watched the choir in the snow with his children, Jack, six, and Daisy, four.
Mr Ballard said: 'The snow showers are absolutely amazing. It's nice to get people - particularly children - into the Christmas spirit.
You may also want to watch:
'We don't often get snow so it's nice to get some, the children love it. They the love music and dancing in the snow.'
Marketing coordinator for the Forum, Charly Bensley, said: 'It's great, everyone got into the Christmas spirit.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
'Lots of children were asking where the snow came from.
'It brings the community together and it's always a white Christmas outside the Forum this year.'
The snow cannons, which have been used in Hollywood blockbusters including Bridget Jones's diary, will be at the Forum until Christmas Eve and will be firing snow showers every hour.
*Do you have an unusual Christmas story? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com