Snow showers at the Forum help people get into the Christmas spirit
A Norwich landmark was given an extra sprinkle of Christmas cheer this weekend when snow cannons blasted over the Forum.
Hundreds of people flocked to the Forum to see choirs perform around Christmas trees under a shower of snow.
Choirs from Northgathe High School in Dereham and Flegg High School in Great Yarmouth along with Catton Community Choir, took to the stage on Saturday morning to sing Christmas carols.
Chris Ballard, 34, an IT consultant from Old Catton watched the choir in the snow with his children, Jack, six, and Daisy, four.
Mr Ballard said: 'The snow showers are absolutely amazing. It's nice to get people - particularly children - into the Christmas spirit.
'We don't often get snow so it's nice to get some, the children love it. They the love music and dancing in the snow.'
Marketing coordinator for the Forum, Charly Bensley, said: 'It's great, everyone got into the Christmas spirit.
- 1 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 4 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 5 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 6 Three-vehicle crash closes part of A47 near Norwich
- 7 Norwich family heart-broken to find charity plants stolen
- 8 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 9 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 10 Revealed: All the city road closures for Run Norwich
'Lots of children were asking where the snow came from.
'It brings the community together and it's always a white Christmas outside the Forum this year.'
The snow cannons, which have been used in Hollywood blockbusters including Bridget Jones's diary, will be at the Forum until Christmas Eve and will be firing snow showers every hour.
*Do you have an unusual Christmas story? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com