Snow has finally arrived
The predicted cold snap has hit East Anglia and people are being warned to wrap up warm over the next few days.Snow flurries have already begun in Norfolk and this will be getting heavier with temperatures close to freezing.Sarah Hall
The predicted cold snap has hit East Anglia and people are being warned to wrap up warm over the next few days.
Snow flurries have already begun in Norfolk and this will be getting heavier with temperatures close to freezing.
By the early hours of tomorrow morning weather forecasters are predicting at least an inch of settled snow in most of Norfolk which heralds the start of February during the coldest winter for 13 years.
Phil Garner, a forecaster with Weatherquest at the UEA, said: 'There will be light snow flurries today with some brighter bits in between.
You may also want to watch:
'It will be more persistent tonight and early tomorrow morning with at least one inch of snow. Temperatures are struggling today at about two degrees Celsius but tomorrow at about tea time will probably be the worst weather.'
Do you have any pictures of the snow? Send your weather pictures to email@example.com and it may appear online.
- 1 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Former village pub for sale as home
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 7 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear