Snow has finally arrived
The predicted cold snap has hit East Anglia and people are being warned to wrap up warm over the next few days.Snow flurries have already begun in Norfolk and this will be getting heavier with temperatures close to freezing.Sarah Hall
The predicted cold snap has hit East Anglia and people are being warned to wrap up warm over the next few days.
Snow flurries have already begun in Norfolk and this will be getting heavier with temperatures close to freezing.
By the early hours of tomorrow morning weather forecasters are predicting at least an inch of settled snow in most of Norfolk which heralds the start of February during the coldest winter for 13 years.
Phil Garner, a forecaster with Weatherquest at the UEA, said: 'There will be light snow flurries today with some brighter bits in between.
You may also want to watch:
'It will be more persistent tonight and early tomorrow morning with at least one inch of snow. Temperatures are struggling today at about two degrees Celsius but tomorrow at about tea time will probably be the worst weather.'
Do you have any pictures of the snow? Send your weather pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and it may appear online.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich