Snow has finally arrived
The predicted cold snap has hit East Anglia and people are being warned to wrap up warm over the next few days.Snow flurries have already begun in Norfolk and this will be getting heavier with temperatures close to freezing.Sarah Hall
The predicted cold snap has hit East Anglia and people are being warned to wrap up warm over the next few days.
Snow flurries have already begun in Norfolk and this will be getting heavier with temperatures close to freezing.
By the early hours of tomorrow morning weather forecasters are predicting at least an inch of settled snow in most of Norfolk which heralds the start of February during the coldest winter for 13 years.
Phil Garner, a forecaster with Weatherquest at the UEA, said: 'There will be light snow flurries today with some brighter bits in between.
You may also want to watch:
'It will be more persistent tonight and early tomorrow morning with at least one inch of snow. Temperatures are struggling today at about two degrees Celsius but tomorrow at about tea time will probably be the worst weather.'
Do you have any pictures of the snow? Send your weather pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and it may appear online.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction